Topics

user defined command sequence question FT450

d_ziolkowski

Dave-

Radio is an FT-450.

I am trying to write a command such that when radio is on 6m, IPO is off (premap on).

Any other band IPO on (premap off).

this would occur automatically when band is changed.

I know how t turn on/off IPO manually with command  'pa01; 'pa00;.

I see the user defined command <IfBand bandname, N>

but how does Commander  know the "bandname"?

i assume if must need to poll the FT450?

This FT450 command returns the band :

'BS;

returns band radio is on for example 6m is BS10, 40m is BS03 etc

Is there a way to get this to work? Or is the <IfBand bandname, N> not intended to be used that way?

thanks

Dan KC2STA

Joe Subich, W4TV

I see the user defined command <IfBand bandname, N>

but how does Commander know the "bandname"?

Please see the Commander Help File:
bandname is a valid band name specified in the current sub-band
definition file; the names 1.25m, 33cm, and 23cm are also accepted
There is no need to poll the transceiver as Commander already knows
the frequency and band.

... Joe, W4TV

On 2020-06-21 11:56 AM, d_ziolkowski wrote:
Dave-
Radio is an FT-450.
I am trying to write a command such that when radio is on 6m, IPO is off (premap on).
I see the user defined command <IfBand bandname, N>
'BS;
Is there a way to get this to work? Or is the <IfBand bandname, N> not intended to be used that way?
thanks
Dan KC2STA

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

Radio is an FT-450.

+ There is no means of automatically invoking a user-defined command sequence whenever the primary transceiver changes band.

I know how t turn on/off IPO manually with command 'pa01; 'pa00;.

but how does Commander know the "bandname"?

+ With the Interrogation box checked in the Radio panel on the Configuration window's General tab, Commander frequently directs your transceiver to report its state. At minimum, the state includes the transceiver's frequency and mode. If the transceiver is capable, the state includes split status, RX/TX status, alternate VFO frequency and mode, RX passband parameters (shift, width), S-meter, various TX meters,. and CW keyer speed.

'BS;

+ You can setup a user-defined command that will enable/or disable IPO as a function of the transceiver's current band, but you will have to manually invoke it after a band change.

+ Note that SpotCollector enabled you to optionally specify a user-defined command sequence to be executed after you initiate a QSY by double-clicking a Spot Database Entry for a station whose mode will not be handled by a digital mode application. See

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/spotcollector/Help/ConfigurationGeneral.htm#User-defined%20Sequence%20after%20QSY%20panel>

Dave, AA6YQ

d_ziolkowski

Dave-

Thanks for the detailed response. Dan KC2STA

On Sun, Jun 21, 2020 at 4:55 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

Radio is an FT-450.

+ There is no means of automatically invoking a user-defined command sequence whenever the primary transceiver changes band.

+ With the Interrogation box checked in the Radio panel on the Configuration window's General tab, Commander frequently directs your transceiver to report its state. At minimum, the state includes the transceiver's frequency and mode. If the transceiver is capable, the state includes split status, RX/TX status, alternate VFO frequency and mode, RX passband parameters (shift, width), S-meter, various TX meters,. and CW keyer speed.

'BS;

+ You can setup a user-defined command that will enable/or disable IPO as a function of the transceiver's current band, but you will have to manually invoke it after a band change.

+ Note that SpotCollector enabled you to optionally specify a user-defined command sequence to be executed after you initiate a QSY by double-clicking a Spot Database Entry for a station whose mode will not be handled by a digital mode application. See

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/spotcollector/Help/ConfigurationGeneral.htm#User-defined%20Sequence%20after%20QSY%20panel>

Dave, AA6YQ

--
Dan Ziolkowski KC2STA
SKCC #4290T
Ubuntu LINUX