Topics

USA-CA lost counties

Frank G4HBI

I have just spent the past 3 weeks or so typing all my USA counties into a USA-CA DXKeeper Logbook.
Taking all the details from QSL cards. I now have 3,050 counties in and I have a list of counties needed which amounts to 24. As the total number of counties is 3,077 that means there are 3 missing.
I have searched and searched until my eyes have glazed over. Does anyone know of a way I can search
my log and find out just what I am missing.
I produced a progress report then compared that to a full list downloaded off the the web which is
how I discovered my needed list, also I have a few re=works.
I made 3 attempts at comparing the 2 lists but still cannot find the missing 3
Any ideas would be much appreciated.

73's Frank G4HBI

I have just spent the past 3 weeks or so typing all my USA counties into a USA-CA DXKeeper Logbook.
Taking all the details from QSL cards. I now have 3,050 counties in and I have a list of counties needed which amounts to 24. As the
total number of counties is 3,077 that means there are 3 missing.

+ How did you identify the 24 counties that you haven't worked?

Frank G4HBI

Hello Dave

I produced a progress report, then compared it to a list of all counties off the internet
then compared them county by county but I obvious;ly missed some even though I went through
the same exercise 3 times. I put it down to age Hi.

Cheers Frank G4HBI

I produced a progress report, then compared it to a list of all counties off the internet then compared them county by county but I
obvious;ly missed some even though I went through the same exercise 3 times. I put it down to age Hi.

+ I'm in the middle of chasing down a potential defect. When that's complete, I'll extend DXKeeper's "US Counties" report to
optionally include unworked counties in each state.

Frank G4HBI

Dave

You are a gem

Frank G4HBI

wd0bms@...

The USA-CA still lists Shannon County as a county in South Dakota.
It has been Oglala Lakota County since 2015.
Dave   WD0BMS

Gilbert Baron W0MN

This happens. In Minneapolis the Park Board renamed Lake Calhoun (Calhoun was a slave owner) to the original Dakota name Bde Maka Ska (Lake Earth White) and there is a lot of naming controversy continuing.

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN

Hierro Candente Batir de Repente

44.08226N 92.51265 W en34rb

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

Frank G4HBI

Can I assume that as I worked Shannon Co SD in 1983 it will count
as sounds like just a change in name.
Frank G4HBI

The USA-CA still lists Shannon County as a county in South Dakota. It has been Oglala Lakota County since 2015.

+ One of the "authoritative sources" cited for Secondary Subdivision names in the ADIF specification is

http://countyhunter.com/counties.htm

+ As was reported here in 2017 by Dennis KK7X in this post

<https://groups.io/g/DXLab/message/166613>

+ the South Dakota section of the County Hunters web page was updated to replace Shannon with Oglala Lakota. Inexplicably, I failed to follow up by updating DXKeeper with this change -- an error I have corrected in the next version of DXKeeper. Invoking the Recompute function in this next version will update logged South Dakota QSOs with by replacing Shannon with Oglala Lakota, producing a report that lists all QSOs updated.