Topics

Uploading to LOTW with different certificate

Jim N7US

I just operated in the BARTG RTTY Sprint contest as N7US/9, and I imported the ADI file from N1MM.  I do have a second LOTW certificate in TQSL for N7US/9, but I’ve forgotten how to upload to LOTW using N7US/9.

When I try to change my call in the TQSL panel of the LoTW tab panel of the DXKeeper QSL Configuration window, I get the error message below.  If the image isn’t conveyed, it says “the selected Callsign Certificate Woodstock, IL specifies Station Callsign N7US; you cannot specify a different Station Callsign.”

I’ve done this before and can’t see in the documentation how to do it.

Thanks for any help.

73,  Jim N7US

Jim N7US

I forgot to add I guess I need a reminder on uploading to Club Log with the /9.

73,  Jim N7US

[...]

+ I'll assume that you operated in the contest from Woodstock, IL. As the error message states, the LoTW "Station Location" named
"Woodstock IL" specifies your N7US "Callsign Certificate". TQSL will not allow you to edit this "Station Location" by setting its
"Callsign Certificate" to NONE (thereby permitting its use with multiple "Callsign Certificates"), so I suggest that you use TQSL to
define a new "Station Location" named "Woodstock9 IL" that specifies your N7US/9 "Callsign Certificate"; its geographic contents
should be identical to those specified in your "Station Callsign" named "Woodstock IL".

+ To upload QSOs using your N7US/9 "Callsign Certificate", select "Woodstock9 IL" in the "station Location" selector in the TQSL
panel at the bottom of the "QSL Configuration window's LoTW tab; confirm that doing so sets the "station location" textbox in that
panel to N7US/9.

+ When you've finished submitting your N7US/9 QSOs to LoTW, select "Woodstock IL" in the "station Location" selector in the TQSL
panel at the bottom of the "QSL Configuration window's LoTW tab; confirm that doing so sets the "station location" textbox in that
panel to N7US.

I forgot to add I guess I need a reminder on uploading to Club Log with the /9.

+ ClubLog is only cares that the "Station Callsign" items in the QSOs you submit are consistent with your DXCC entity. Both N7US and
N7US/9 meet that requirement, so no special action is required. Had you operated as N7US/9 from Wake Island, you'd have to create a
new Club Log account with a DXCC entity of KH9 and specify that account on DXKeeper's "QSL Configuration" window's "Club Log" tab
before submitting your QSOs made as N7US/9.