Topics

Uploading a /2 to LOTW?

Andrew OBrien

If I operate in a contest as K3UK/2 instead of the usual K3UK , do I need to change things in DXkeeper which is set to auto upload each QSO to LoTW ? .
Andy .

If I operate in a contest as K3UK/2 instead of the usual K3UK , do I need to change things in DXkeeper which is set to auto upload
each QSO to LoTW ? .

+ Yes, and you must request a new "Callsign Certificate" from LoTW. If you upload those QSOs to LoTW with your K3UK "Callsign
Certificate", none of your QSOs will match with what's reported by your QSO partners, as they will have uploaded QSOs that specify
your callsign as K3UK/2.

+ To request a K3UK/2 "Callsign Certificate" from LoTW, see

https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/addcertreq/

+ and

https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/addcertaccept/

+ While you're waiting for your K3UK/2 Callsign Certificate, make sure that the QSOs you logged as K3UK/2 specify K3UK/2 in their
"Station Callsign" items; if not, you can correct them en masse as described in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/QSOModifying>

+ Assuming that you were operating from your home QTH, you have a choice:

--- define a new "Station Location" that specifies your K3UK/2 Callsign Certificate

--- edit your existing home QTH "Station Location" by changing its "Call Sign" to [None].

+ I recommend editing your existing "Station Location" because it will enable you that "Station Location" with either of your K3UK
or K3UK/2 "Callsign Certificates". Instructions for editing your existing "Station Location" are here:

<https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/stnloc/#Modify>

+ After receiving your K3UK/2 "Callsign Certificate",

1. in the TQSL panel on the "QSL Configuration" window's LoTW tab,

1a. set the "station location" selector to your home QTH "station location" (if it's not already selected)

1b. change the contents of the "station callsign" box to K3UK/2

2. on the "QSL Configuration" window's LoTW tab, if the "Limit Sync operations to this station callsign" box is not empty, let me
know, as I'll need more information in order to advise you on how to proceed further.

3. Filter the Log Page Display with the SQL expression

STATION_CALLSIGN='K3UK/2"

This should result in the Log Page Display containing only your contest QSOs made as K3UK/2 (unless you've previously logged QSOs
with a "Station Callsign" item of K3UK/2, in which case I'll need more information in order to advise you on how to proceed
further).

4. on the Main window's QSL tab,

4a. set the "QSL Via" panel to LoTW

4b. confirm that the "Station Location" specified in the lower-left corner is your home QTH "Station Location"

4c. confirm that the "Station Callsign" specified in the lower-left corner is K3UK/2

4d. click the "Add All" button; this will populate the QSL Queue with your contest QSOs made as K3UK/2

4e. click the "Upload to LoTW" button

5. in the TQSL panel on the "QSL Configuration" window's LoTW tab, change the contents of the "station callsign" box to K3UK
(assuming that you'll now return to logging QSOs as K3UK)

6. because the "Limit Sync operations to this station callsign" box is empty, "Sync LoTW QSOs" and "Sync LoTW QSLs" will report and
update logged QSOs made with any of your Station Callsigns.

Andrew OBrien

Thanks .

Andy

+ AA6YQ comments below