"Update from LoTW"

fredna2u

I always Syne LoTW QSOs and Sync Lotw QSLs.  I don't think I've ever used Update from LoTW.  So I looked it up in the documentation, held the CTRL key while clicking Update from LoTW.  EVERY time an exception occurs, a resolution box pops up, and I have to click before the process will continue.  It's been running for over 4.5 days and it looks like it may take two weeks to complete.

Is there no way to have the program simply accept all the suggested changes from LoTW?

73 from the desert,

Fred/NA2U

Joe Subich, W4TV

Is there no way to have the program simply accept all the suggested changes from LoTW?
Yes, *before* starting "Sync from LotW" or "Update from LotW" go to:
QSL Config -> LotW -> Handling for LotW QSL detail inconsistencies
and select "Overwrite log data with LotW data, and report
inconsistencies when operation ends".

I prefer, Preserve log data, ignore LotW data, and report
inconsistencies when operation ends". That way I can go back through
the report and "fix" the log if appropriate (and ignore the LotW data
where some LID has re-uploaded 30 years of logs with a new QTH).

On 2022-06-26 10:47 AM, fredna2u via groups.io wrote:
I always Syne LoTW QSOs and Sync Lotw QSLs.  I don't think I've ever used Update from LoTW.  So I looked it up in the documentation, held the CTRL key while clicking Update from LoTW.  EVERY time an exception occurs, a resolution box pops up, and I have to click before the process will continue.  It's been running for over 4.5 days and it looks like it may take two weeks to complete.
Is there no way to have the program simply accept all the suggested changes from LoTW?
73 from the desert,
Fred/NA2U

fredna2u

Thanks, Joe.  I don't lose anything if I abort the current operation?

73 from the desert,

Fred/NA2U

On 2022-06-26 10:47 AM, fredna2u via groups.io wrote:
> I always Syne LoTW QSOs and Sync Lotw QSLs.  I don't think I've ever used Update from LoTW.  So I looked it up in the documentation, held the CTRL key while clicking Update from LoTW.  EVERY time an exception occurs, a resolution box pops up, and I have to click before the process will continue.  It's been running for over 4.5 days and it looks like it may take two weeks to complete.
> Is there no way to have the program simply accept all the suggested changes from LoTW?
> 73 from the desert,
> Fred/NA2U

Joe Subich, W4TV

No, at this point the current operation is processing the file it
downloaded in the beginning.