Topics

Update from LotW

Kent N6WT

Hi Dave and all

I recently reached 300 confirmed DXCC.

I have applied for all of the entities to be verified in LotW and they have. In reading the QSLing section in the DXLabs help section it says "The Update from LoTW function will update your logged QSOs to reflect the granting of DXCC credit by setting their LotW rcvd items to V."

I don't recall ever pressing the Update from LotW button before. My question is will it take a long time to go through my log, should I do this at the end of the evening when I go to bed?

Thanks
73
Kent
N6WT

I recently reached 300 confirmed DXCC.

I have applied for all of the entities to be verified in LotW and they have. In reading the QSLing section in the DXLabs help section it says "The Update from LoTW function will update your logged QSOs to reflect the granting of DXCC credit by setting their LotW rcvd items to V."

I don't recall ever pressing the Update from LotW button before. My question is will it take a long time to go through my log, should I do this at the end of the evening when I go to bed?

+ The "Update from LoTW" function select each QSO in the (filtered) Log Page Display, queries LoTW with its callsign, and updates the logged QSO to reflect acceptance, confirmation, and verification (award credit granted for DXCC, VUCC, and WAS) as reported by LoTW. If you right click a Log Page Display entry and select "Update from LoTW", DXKeeper will perform the query-LoTW-and-update-QSO operation on that entry's QSO; multiple the time taken by the number of QSOs in the Log Page Display, and you'll have a time estimate for invoking the Update from LoTW" function for all QSOs in the Log Page Display.

+ Beyond a certain number of QSOs, it's faster to depress the CTRL key while invoking the "Sync LoTW QSLs" operation. This sends one query to LoTW, directing it to report the status of all of your confirmed QSOs; this status includes "award credit granted". Depending upon the number of QSLs you have in LoTW and its current load, it can take LoTW awhile to assemble this report. DXKeeper awaits receipt of this report, and then inspects it QSO by QSO so it can update those logged QSOs that have been confirmed and/or verified.

+ If you invoke the "Update from LoTW" function with more than 100 entries present in the "Log Page Display", DXKeeper will inform you that invoking CTRL-Sync-LoTW-QSLs may be faster; if you invoke the "Update from LoTW" function with more than 1000 entries present in the "Log Page Display", DXKeeper will inform you that invoking CTRL-Sync-LoTW-QSLs will certainly be faster.

+ All of this time-consuming querying and updating can be avoided by using DXKeeper to generate your DXCC submission. If you do so, then when you receive notification from the ARRL's DXCC Desk that all of your submitted QSOs have received DXCC award credit, then clicking the "Verify Submission" button in DXKeeper's "DXCC Submission" window will update all of the QSOs you submitted to reflect DXCC award credit granted.

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GenerateSubmission>;

Kent N6WT wrote:

I recently reached 300 confirmed DXCC.

+ Congratulations on reaching this milestone, Kent!

Kent N6WT

Dave

Thanks

One question, if I invoke Ctrl + Synch LotW QSL's is this call sign specific? Some of the QSL's are from my old call NC6B.

Thanks
73
Kent
N6WT

On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 3:56 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

Kent N6WT wrote:

I recently reached 300 confirmed DXCC.

+ Congratulations on reaching this milestone, Kent!

+ AA6YQ comment sbelow

One question, if I invoke Ctrl + Synch LotW QSL's is this call sign specific? Some of the QSL's are from my old call NC6B.

+ You can optionally make the LoTW Sync operations callsign specific using the "Limit Synch operations..." option on the "QSL Configuration window's LoTW tab; see

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/QSLConfiguration.htm#Limit%20QSO%20and%20QSL%20downloads0>;