Topics

Unsynchronized sequences

Norm - KC1BMD

Two iCOM radios I use with Commander have sequences that control several functions. Two of these cycle through the choices for  "Preamp" and "Attenuation" and they work fine, until I change bands. These two controls are remembered by the radio by band selected. For example, I might have preamp set OFF for 40m and ON for 15m and although the radio saves these settings by band, Commander does not. So when I change bands, whatever Commander had been set at remains that way in Commander, even the the radio might change the setting. Is there a way around this?
--
73, Norm/KC1BMD

Two iCOM radios I use with Commander have sequences that control several functions. Two of these cycle through the choices for  "Preamp" and "Attenuation" and they work fine, until I change bands. These two controls are remembered by the radio by band selected. For example, I might have preamp set OFF for 40m and ON for 15m and although the radio saves these settings by band, Commander does not. So when I change bands, whatever Commander had been set at remains that way in Commander, even the the radio might change the setting. Is there a way around this?

+ Define a Command Sequence for each band, each of which QSY the radio, and puts both the radio and your Preamp and Attenuation sequences into a consistent state.

Norm - KC1BMD

Thanks! I started thinking I needed to define a button sequence but then I noticed that area of the Commander configuration to be able to define a sequence on band change. Great idea.
On a related note, is there a way to hide unneeded band buttons on the Band-Spread window?

--
73, Norm/KC1BMD

Thanks! I started thinking I needed to define a button sequence but then I noticed that area of the Commander configuration to be able to define a sequence on band change. Great idea.

+ Yes, that's an even better way to establish consistent state after a band change.

On a related note, is there a way to hide unneeded band buttons on the Band-Spread window?

+ No, for two reasons:

1. Every new option added increases DXLab's perceived complexity, especially for new users. A proposed option must deliver enough new value to compensate for its inherent adverse impact on perceived complexity.

2. Options to hide things invariably produce downstream confusion when users forget why a function described in the documentation is no longer visible.