Topics

Unexpected "AutoHIde" Behavior

Russ Ravella

Hi Dave,

I'm starting to play with SC's "AutoHide" feature.  When I use it while not using one of my SQL filters it works as described in the documentation.  When I use it with one of my SQL filters in play, it filters out spot entries with notes containing words from my list as expected but those filtered spots do not display when I check "Display only hidden spot database entries" in the "AutoHide" dialog as they do when I'm not using an SQL filter.  I have added the expression, "and (Hidden <> 'Y')" to the SQL filters as instructed in the documentation.  I probably misread something but I can't figure out what it is.  Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Russ, KR6W

I'm starting to play with SC's "AutoHide" feature. When I use it while not using one of my SQL filters it works as described in the documentation. When I use it with one of my SQL filters in play, it filters out spot entries with notes containing words from my list as expected but those filtered spots do not display when I check "Display only hidden spot database entries" in the "AutoHide" dialog as they do when I'm not using an SQL filter. I have added the expression, "and (Hidden <> 'Y')" to the SQL filters as instructed in the documentation. I probably misread something but I can't figure out what it is. Any help would be appreciated!

+ Every Spot Database Entry has a field named Hidden. When a Spot Database Entry is created, it's Hidden field is set to 'N' unless you have the "AutoHide Filter" window's "Enable automatic hiding of spot database entries base on note content" option enabled and the spot from which the entry was created contains one of the specified "bad words" - in which case its Hidden field is set to 'Y'.

+ When the "AutoHide Filter" window's "Display only hidden spot database entries" option is disabled, SpotCollector's "built-in" filters - Call, DXCC, Freq, Tag - include this factor:

and (Hidden = 'N')

+ so that Spot Database Entries whose Hidden fields are set to 'Y' are not displayed when those filters are activated.

+ When the "AutoHide Filter" window's "Display only hidden spot database entries" option is enabled, SpotCollector's "built-in" filters - Call, DXCC, Freq, Tag - include this factor:

and (Hidden = 'Y')

+ so that only Spot Database Entries whose Hidden fields are set to 'Y' are displayed when those filters are activated.

+ When you filter the Log Page Display with an SQL expression, it's up to that SQL expression to hide (or not) Spot Database Entries based on the content of their Hidden fields. Thus when the Spot Database Display was last filtered by invoking an SQL filter, checking or unchecking the "Display only hidden spot database entries" box has no effect.