Topics

Understanding how ADD NEEDED functions

Kim Carr

I have reviewed my configuration for awards, bands and modes and it looks correct. I only chase DXCC, WAS and WAZ.

I periodically check my ADD NEEDED on the QSL tab to make sure I'm QSLing everything I need.  I found one DXCC entitiy that I have worked, but not confirmed. ER (Moldova).  DXKeeper shows five CW QSOs; 1 on 40M and 4 on 20M. DXView agrees showing a "W" in the 40M and 20M CW columns. None of the five QSOs is marked as QSL received, direct or LoTW.

However, when I run the ADD NEEDED function on the QSL tab, none of the ER QSOs shows as needed.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Kim, K5TU

I have reviewed my configuration for awards, bands and modes and it looks correct. I only chase DXCC, WAS and WAZ.

I periodically check my ADD NEEDED on the QSL tab to make sure I'm QSLing everything I need. I found one DXCC entitiy that I have worked, but not confirmed. ER (Moldova). DXKeeper shows five CW QSOs; 1 on 40M and 4 on 20M. DXView agrees showing a "W" in the 40M and 20M CW columns. None of the five QSOs is marked as QSL received, direct or LoTW.

However, when I run the ADD NEEDED function on the QSL tab, none of the ER QSOs shows as needed.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

+ On the "QSL Configuration" window's General tab, what boxes are checked in the "Add Needed" panel's Awards sub-panel?

Kim Carr

In the ADD NEEDED panel, none of the 5 choices on the left are selected. To the right, only DXCC, WAS and WAZ are selected.

Kim, K5TU

On Monday, December 9, 2019, 01:48:43 PM CST, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

I have reviewed my configuration for awards, bands and modes and it looks correct. I only chase DXCC, WAS and WAZ.

I periodically check my ADD NEEDED on the QSL tab to make sure I'm QSLing everything I need.  I found one DXCC entitiy that I have worked, but not confirmed. ER (Moldova).  DXKeeper shows five CW QSOs; 1 on 40M and 4 on 20M. DXView agrees showing a "W" in the 40M and 20M CW columns. None of the five QSOs is marked as QSL received, direct or LoTW.

However, when I run the ADD NEEDED function on the QSL tab, none of the ER QSOs shows as needed.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

+ On the "QSL Configuration" window's General tab, what boxes are checked in the "Add Needed" panel's Awards sub-panel?

In the ADD NEEDED panel, none of the 5 choices on the left are selected. To the right, only DXCC, WAS and WAZ are selected.

+ That configuration should result in the "Add Needed" function populating your QSL Queue with QSOs whose confirmation would give you a new DXCC entity. So I can determine why that's not happening, please place your log file (probably K5TYU.mdb) in a zip archive, attach the archive to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com