Topics

Unconfirmed Contacts List

I would like to generate a list of DXKeeper contacts that are unconfirmed.  I checked help files, especially Progress, and haven't found one to tell me how to do that.

After many years of willy-nilly working contacts and not caring if they were confirmed, I now want to chase some awards and would like to see if some old contacts can be confirmed.  I know I don't want any that are confirmed in LoTW or confirmed via paper card.   I'm looking for a list of QSOs which I will research to see which can be confirmed.
--
Jim NO0B

I would like to generate a list of DXKeeper contacts that are unconfirmed. I checked help files, especially Progress, and haven't found one to tell me how to do that.

The "Requesting Needed Confirmations" section of

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/QSLing>

+ explains the basics. I suggest that you review this entire article.

After many years of willy-nilly working contacts and not caring if they were confirmed, I now want to chase some awards and would like to see if some old contacts can be confirmed. I know I don't want any that are confirmed in LoTW or confirmed via paper card. I'm looking for a list of QSOs which I will research to see which can be confirmed.

+ Proceed as follows

1. configure "Check Progress" tab of DXKeeper's Configuration window to reflect your award objectives

2. check the appropriate boxes in the Award sub-panel in the "Add Needed" panel on the "QSL Configuration" window's General tab

3. on the Main window's QSL tab,

3a. set the "QSL Via" panel to cards or labels

3b. click the "Add Needed" button; this will populate the QSL Queue with an entry for each unconfirmed QSO which if confirmed would advance your award progress

+ To "research" a QSO whose entry is present in the QSL queue

- double-click the entry to open DXKeeper's "QSL Editor" which will show the postal address currently specified in the QSO (if any); buttons are provided to initiate callbook lookups of the QSO's callsign, or the QSL Manager's callsign (if included in the QSO); this will also populate the Callsign box on Pathfinder's Main window, making it easy to check other online sources for QSL routes

- CTRL-double-click the entry to select the QSO in the Main window's "Log Page Display" if there is additional information there you wish to review

+ If you decide to not send an outgoing card or label to a callsign in a QSL Queue entry, uncheck the QSL box in the left-most column of its QSL Queue entry

4. After you've completed your research,

4a. click the "Create Address File" button, and review the report it generates to ensure that each postal address is correct; if you'll be inserting outgoing QSL cards into envelopes, print this report so you'll can insert each card in the correct envelope

4b. load your printer with the appropriate media, and click the "Print QSL Cards" or "Print QSL Labels" button

4c. set the "Address via" panel to Envelopes or labels

4d. load you printer with the appropriate media, and click the "Address Envelopes" or "Address Labels" button

4e. if all printed cards and labels are correct, click the "Update Log" button; this will remove all entries from the QSL Queue for which a card or label was printed

4f. if any QSL Queue entries with their QSL boxes uncheck remain in the QSL Queue, click the "Clear" button

+ There are articles accessible via the article cited above that explain how to configure your printer and DXLab for printing cards and labels. While testing, load your printer with inexpensive paper.