Unable to Complete DXLabs Installation

Henry Boze

When trying to install the DXLab suite of software on one of my computers, I encountered an
install abort message on some of the modules during the process.  I was able to install
"Launcher","Commander" and "DXKeeper" just fine, but when I tried to install "DXView" I got
the following message: "unable to install in specified folder because Pathfinder is already
installed in that folder". When I tried to install Pathfinder the message changed to: "unable
to install Pathfinder in specified folder because DXView is already installed in that folder"
and so on with each of the other modules that I tried to install. I checked my DXLab folder
where the programs reside and do not see any other folders in there, except the ones that had
been installed, Launcher, DXKeeper and DXView. I'm baffled as to why the install program
thinks the modules have already been installed and will not allow me to proceed with
the installation. I did start the Commander and DXKeeper modules and they seem to be working
correctly. Is there a possible issue with my "Registry" getting trashed?

Thanks for any help with this issue!

Henry Boze, N4HB

[...]

+ By default, the Launcher installs each DXLab application in a separate sub-folder of the "root folder"

C:\DXLab

+ e.g. C:\DXLab\DXView, C:\DXLab\DXKeeper, C:\DXLab\WinWarbler

+ You can change the "root folder" to another location, but if you attempt to install more than one DXLab application into the same sub-folder, the Launcher will refuse. On the Launcher's Configuration window's "DXLab Apps" tab, each application's "Program Path" shows where the Launcher thinks you want each uninstalled application installed, and where each installed application has been installed. If this information doesn't enable you to proceed, then please make a screen shot showing the Launcher's Configuration window's "DXLab Apps" tab, attach the screenshot to an email message, and send the email message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Is there a possible issue with my "Registry" getting trashed?

+ No.