Topics

TS-480 Menu 17 and Spot Collector

Don Inbody AD0K

After some experimentation with the TS-480 and how it works with Dxlabs, I found an interesting interaction. Menu item 17 permits the user to set an automatic mode depending on frequency. The default setting is LSB on frequencies below 9.5 MHz and USB above that frequency. The default for Menu 17 is OFF. Turning it on will override any mode command sent to the radio by Spot Collector. While the parameters for automatic mode can be changed by the user, with Menu 17 set to On, those settings will override the Spot Collector command to the rig. For those using the TS-480 with Spot Collector it is recommended leaving Menu 17 OFF.

After some experimentation with the TS-480 and how it works with Dxlabs, I found an interesting interaction. Menu item 17 permits the user to set an automatic mode depending on frequency. The default setting is LSB on frequencies below 9.5 MHz and USB above that frequency. The default for Menu 17 is OFF. Turning it on will override any mode command sent to the radio by Spot Collector. While the parameters for automatic mode can be changed by the user, with Menu 17 set to On, those settings will override the Spot Collector command to the rig. For those using the TS-480 with Spot Collector it is recommended leaving Menu 17 OFF.

+ Thanks, Don!

Murf

hi...
I have the ts-480hx.. and on my HX menu 17 is for cw filters in ssb mode   on\off.
Menu #2 is the auto mode.
Fyi
Murf
n7uvh
I thought the 480 and 480hx was the same.??   maybe not.
Murf
n7uvh

Inbody, Don

You are correct. My error. It is Menu 02.

Thanks

73, Don AD0K