Topics

TS-480 appearing as TS-570

Don Inbody AD0K

My TS-480 appears as a TS-570 in Commander and does not permit accurate rig control. I can use Commander to change mode on the rig, but it will not show the correct frequency.

I also notice that when I start RCForb Server it now sees the TS-480 as a TS-570. That seems to indicate something other than Commander is causing the problem.

Any ideas?

73, Don AD0K

My TS-480 appears as a TS-570 in Commander and does not permit accurate rig control. I can use Commander to change mode on the rig, but it will not show the correct frequency.

I also notice that when I start RCForb Server it now sees the TS-480 as a TS-570. That seems to indicate something other than Commander is causing the problem.

Any ideas?

+ I don't know what would cause a TS-480 to masquerade as a TS-570. If you do the following, I'll be able to see how your radio is responding when Commander asks it to report its model number:

1. on the Configuration window's General tab, check the "Log debugging info" box

2. terminate Commander

3. start Commander

4. wait until Commander displays the radio's make and model in its Main window's title bar

5. on the Configuration window's General tab, uncheck the "Log debugging info" box

6. attach the errorlog.txt file from your Commander folder to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Don Inbody AD0K

Dave, I figured out that it had to do with the port assignments. Something scrambled them. While Commander was reporting that the chosen port was correct, it would not respond correctly. Rebooting the computer fixed the issue, both with Commander and with RCForb. Given that both applications were acting similarly, I knew it had to be something besides the applications that was causing the problem.

Your old admonition to reboot the computer before complaining too much held true here.

73, Don AD0K