TS590SG with RSP panadapter setting?

Jamie WW3S

I have my 590 working fine with Commander.....but trying to add the RSP-1A as a panadapter......the instructions I am trying to follow involves installing Omnirig, etc.....is there a way to configure and continue to use commander?

Gordon LaPoint

Jamie,
    Yes, I use a TS-590sg with RSP-1A and DXlab's with no problems.  This only works with the 590sg, NOT the 590s , as far as I know.
I use the USB port for control from DXLabs, and the rs-232 hooked to another serial  port that the Omnigrig is set to for the HDSDR software using Omnirig.
The radio will tune from commander or clicking on the waterfall of the HDSDR, commander follows the radio with no problem.
Gordon - N1MGO

On 7/25/2021 9:04 AM, Jamie WW3S wrote:
I have my 590 working fine with Commander.....but trying to add the RSP-1A as a panadapter......the instructions I am trying to follow involves installing Omnirig, etc.....is there a way to configure and continue to use commander?

Jamie WW3S

Thanks, but I dont have an rs232 and am looking for a simpler solution….Is omnirig the only way to go?

On Jul 25, 2021, at 10:38 AM, Gordon LaPoint <gordon.lapoint@...> wrote:

Jamie,
    Yes, I use a TS-590sg with RSP-1A and DXlab's with no problems.  This only works with the 590sg, NOT the 590s , as far as I know.
I use the USB port for control from DXLabs, and the rs-232 hooked to another serial  port that the Omnigrig is set to for the HDSDR software using Omnirig.
The radio will tune from commander or clicking on the waterfall of the HDSDR, commander follows the radio with no problem.
Gordon - N1MGO

On 7/25/2021 9:04 AM, Jamie WW3S wrote:
I have my 590 working fine with Commander.....but trying to add the RSP-1A as a panadapter......the instructions I am trying to follow involves installing Omnirig, etc.....is there a way to configure and continue to use commander?

Joe Subich, W4TV

Jamie,

What SDR console are you using to demodulate/display the spectrum
from the RSP1A? Most SDR consoles use Omni-Rig as their CAT/Radio
interface.

Here is one example using Commander and HDSDR:
<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/HDSDRCWSkimmerConfiguration>

If you are using WaterfallBandMap here is AA6YQ's documentation:
<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/WaterfallBandmap>

Here is an example using Commander and SDR Console:
<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/SDRConsoleCWSkimmerConfiguration>

Note both HDSDR and SDR Console use Omni-Rig as a "shim" between
Commander's Secondary CAT Serial Port and the SDR software.
WaterfallBandMap uses UDP communication with Commander (as it does
with N1MM+).

On Jul 25, 2021, at 10:38 AM, Gordon LaPoint <gordon.lapoint@gmail.com> wrote:

Jamie,
    Yes, I use a TS-590sg with RSP-1A and DXlab's with no problems. This only works with the 590sg, NOT the 590s , as far as I know.
I use the USB port for control from DXLabs, and the rs-232 hooked to another serial  port that the Omnigrig is set to for the HDSDR software using Omnirig.
The radio will tune from commander or clicking on the waterfall of the HDSDR, commander follows the radio with no problem.
Gordon - N1MGO

On 7/25/2021 9:04 AM, Jamie WW3S wrote:
I have my 590 working fine with Commander.....but trying to add the RSP-1A as a panadapter......the instructions I am trying to follow involves installing Omnirig, etc.....is there a way to configure and continue to use commander?

Gordon LaPoint

Jamie,
    You need an rs232 on the computer, buy an RS232 to USB adapter, see:
Gordon - N1MGO