TQSL popup each time DXKeeper is started

C. Michael D'Alto

Edited

!!!False Alarm!!!

I manually uninstalled TQSL, rebooted and installed 2.6.1 again and the popup has ceased.

Sorry.

Started getting a popup this morning "DXKeeper Updates from LoTW A new TQSL release [v2.6.1] is available".

I updated to v2.6.1, yet the popup persists each time DXKeeper is started.

I open TQSL and check for updates under "Help" and it tells me that "A new TQSL release [v2.6.1] is available!"

I check my current version under "About" and it tells me I AM running TQSL V2.6 build [v2.6.1].

I tried repairing the install.  The option to install it is greyed out.

I don't think this is the fault of DXKeeper.  When I attempt to upload a QSO, the dialogue that DXKeeper generates indicates TQSL Version 2.6 [v2.6.1]
"Signing using callsign K2CD, DXCC Entity UNITED STATES OF AMERICA"  So it appears to be functioning.

Can I suppress the popup for happening each time DXKeeper is started?

C. Michael D'Alto

False Alarm! I manually uninstalled TQSL, rebooted and installed 2.6.1 again and the popup has ceased.

Sorry.

Rick Murphy

Michael,
Not a false alarm - the version on the ARRL site had the version number wrong.
I provided an updated installer to ARRL, so if you get that error, it should correct itself with one last install.
73,
    -Rick

--
Rick Murphy, D. Sc., CISSP-ISSAP, K1MU/4, Annandale VA USA

C. Michael D'Alto

Thank you Rick!

73,
Mike

Joe Subich, W4TV

The installer on the ARRL web site has an error that identifies the
tQSL.exe file as version 2.6.0. K1MU has posted a fixed installer
<https://www.rickmurphy.net/lotw/tqsl-2.6.1.msi>
but it has apparently not made it to the official ARRL site.

Anyone from ARRL HQ awake?

On Thu, May 12, 2022 at 11:19 AM Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:

The installer on the ARRL web site has an error that identifies the
tQSL.exe file as version 2.6.0.  K1MU has posted a fixed installer
   <https://www.rickmurphy.net/lotw/tqsl-2.6.1.msi>
but it has apparently not made it to the official ARRL site.

Anyone from ARRL HQ awake?

Joe,

As a matter of fact, yes. I think the time from my asking for the updated installer to be uploaded to the point where it was took single digit minutes.
73,
    -Rick

On 2022-05-12 11:06 AM, C. Michael D'Alto via groups.io wrote:
> Started getting a popup this morning "DXKeeper Updates from LoTW A new TQSL release [v2.6.1] is available".
>
> I updated to v2.6.1, yet the popup persists each time DXKeeper is started.
>
> I open TQSL and check for updates under "Help" and it tells me that "A new TQSL release [v2.6.1] is available!"
>
> I check my current version under "About" and it tells me I AM running TQSL V2.6 build [v2.6.1].
>
> I tried repairing the install.  The option to install it is greyed out.
>
> I don't think this is the fault of DXKeeper.  When I attempt to upload a QSO, the dialogue that DXKeeper generates indicates TQSL Version 2.6 [v2.6.1]
> "Signing using callsign K2CD, DXCC Entity UNITED STATES OF AMERICA"  So it appears to be functioning.
>
> Can I suppress the popup for happening each time DXKeeper is started?

--
Rick Murphy, D. Sc., CISSP-ISSAP, K1MU/4, Annandale VA USA

Paul

I note the latest version of TQSL is released .Now numbered V.2.62 now numbered correctly and installs fine.
Regards all Paul G4YKQ.