Topics

Tool tip on primary display still an issue?

Tom Schaefer NY4I

I noticed something the other day and a quick search in the messages here reveals this to be a very old problem.

I am speaking of the tool tips (Spot Collector in this case which I run on my second monitor) showing up on the primary monitor. I found a message from back in 20089 where Dave stated it was an issue with the commercial control he used for tool tips.

I just wanted to confirm this is still an expected anomaly.

Thanks,

Tom NY4I

I noticed something the other day and a quick search in the messages here reveals this to be a very old problem.

I am speaking of the tool tips (Spot Collector in this case which I run on my second monitor) showing up on the primary monitor. I found a message from back in 20089 where Dave stated it was an issue with the commercial control he used for tool tips.

I just wanted to confirm this is still an expected anomaly

+ Correct. I experimented with selecting an "in-cell" tooltip, which displays on the correct monitor, but the cure was worse than the disease.

+ At some point I will evaluate the current version of the commercial control (TrueDBGrid). Since it's at the heart of both SpotCollector and DXKeeper, the testing process will be significant.