Topics

Time on my hands DXLab "maintenance" chores?

John K3TN

There are a few oddball QSOs that show up in "Requested" that I have to uncheck before doing an LotW upload - I'm going to do an "En Masse" change with scripting, as have more time right now! Been doing that with drippy faucets, loose railing, etc. around the house - going to do so for the shack, too.

Made me think of other regular maintenance I could do on DXLabs - pruning/compressing spottling log is one. Are there any other areas anyone can recommend?

One area: if I do a synch QSLs with LotW, it takes a very long time to get activity back - usually indicated by the Notepad file coming up listing if there were any exciting new confirmations. Is that just a function of log size, or is there some parameter/setting I could tweak?

Thanks and 73 John K3TN

There are a few oddball QSOs that show up in "Requested" that I have to uncheck before doing an LotW upload - I'm going to do an "En Masse" change with scripting, as have more time right now! Been doing that with drippy faucets, loose railing, etc. around the house - going to do so for the shack, too.

Made me think of other regular maintenance I could do on DXLabs - pruning/compressing spottling log is one. Are there any other areas anyone can recommend?

+ Unless you routinely delete lots of logged QSOs, there is no need to compact your log.

One area: if I do a synch QSLs with LotW, it takes a very long time to get activity back - usually indicated by the Notepad file coming up listing if there were any exciting new confirmations. Is that just a function of log size, or is there some parameter/setting I could tweak?

+ To see if an anti-malware application is responsible for the delay,

1. reboot Windows into "Safe mode with networking"

2. start DXKeeper, an initiate "Sync LoTW QSLs". Any difference in response time?