Topics

Thank you's & apologies

Bill Stravinsky

On Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 11:00:08 PM EDT, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

Its not just for Lotw.  I also upload to EQsl and ClubLog so every contact I either work casually or import from n1mm I have set to "Set select in imported QSO to Y".
I have to manually set select to Y but the majority of my operating is contesting so it gets set automatically when I import.  Then when I have several hundred Q's ready to upload to those 3 sources I just hit Sel to filter the log for all the Y's and do all the uploading.

+ Carl WC4H is right, Bill. After importing an ADIF file, you can

1. On the Main window's QSL tab,

1a. set the "QSL Via" panel to LoTW

1b. click the "Add Requested" button

1c. click the "Upload to LoTW" button

1d. set the "QSL Via" panel to eQSL.cc

1e. click the "Add Requested" button

1f. click the "Upload to eQSL.cc" button

2. On the Main window's "Check Progress" tab, click the "Club Log" panel's Upload button

+ The above procedure will upload your new QSOs to LoTW, eQSL, and Club Log.

+ Note that you can configure DXKeeper to automatically upload each newly-logged QSO to LoTW, eQSL, and Club Log.

Also, I use the QSL status setting to R to mark Q's to make QSL labels so your idea wouldn't work in my case.

+ The above procedure in no way interferes with DXKeeper's ability to print QSL labels.

Carl and Dave,

What both of you needed to tell me was "hey dummy, there are separate panels for normal QSLing and Online Qsling", hi.  After I still didn't see that I tried
to justify the way I was doing things.  I won't even tell you how I was sending Lotw requests in the beginning then along came EQsl and ClubLog.  That was
2 or 3 years ago when I started to use DXL.  I wound up with my own system using only some of the features of DXL.

Anyway, late last night after replying to Dave's latest email, I looked hard at the process and saw what you both were trying to convey to me.  I had a small
amount of Lotw & EQsl requests that I had to edit so they would stop showing up when I hit "add requested" and now have a clean slate.  From now on I will
do it the way it was intended to be done.  Even though how I was accomplishing it was working it was still a jury rigged process on my part.  My next batch of
online QSL requests will be done how you tried to show me.

I did manage to figure out the process for making labels to attach to my cards for normal QSLing and tested it on regular printer paper.  It appears it should
work and I have a little over 300 cards that need labels.  I will be trying to use the program the way it was laid out to do, hi.

Thanks again and sorry I acted a little bull headed.  Maybe I'll become a DXL power user yet, hi.

Bill
K3WJV

On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 10:56 AM, Bill Stravinsky wrote:

[...]

+ There's no need to apologize, Bill. As you posted, there are often several ways to accomplish a task in DXLab, and it's a natural tendency to stick with the first one you find that works. However, it is also natural to point out a "better way" when one is available, and that what happened in this thread.

+ To see all of the items recorded with each QSO, take a look at

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Items.htm>

Carl - WC4H

No sweat Bill.  Glad that you were able to sort it out.

73.
Carl - WC4H