TCP control .VS Serial ..in Commander 15.4.4 k4

bill steffey NY9H

lost again ,,,, and i was doing so well...

using a microham mk2r controlling a icom on com10    k4 on com 12 .....   all going well... I think i did upgrade commander,,,

after disconnecting & disabling TCP control my com12 was CAT controlling,   however  now when unselecting TCP  the radio does not control; but  udp service is still sending freq to amplifier ???    TX /RX control on com12  works...

I usually have the k4 disconnected from the network ...unless updating ...

tried changing the com ports back and forth   no change ,,,

any ideas ??

"reset" makes no difference..

plugging the net back into the k4 & enabling "Communicate via TCP"   and I have control back ????

Joe Subich, W4TV

Do you have the correct virtual port for the K4 installed/configured
in microHAM USB Device Router? Is Commander pointed to that port to
communicate with the K4?

Is Router/MK2R+ communicating with the K4 when Commander is not
running?

On 2022-06-28 1:37 PM, bill steffey NY9H wrote:
lost again ,,,, and i was doing so well...
using a microham mk2r controlling a icom on com10    k4 on com 12 .....   all going well... I think i did upgrade commander,,,
after disconnecting & disabling TCP control my com12 was CAT controlling,   however  now when unselecting TCP  the radio does not control; but  udp service is still sending freq to amplifier ???    TX /RX control on com12  works...
I usually have the k4 disconnected from the network ...unless updating ...
tried changing the com ports back and forth   no change ,,,
any ideas ??
"reset" makes no difference..
plugging the net back into the k4 & enabling "Communicate via TCP"   and I have control back ????

bill steffey NY9H

thanks for answering Joe ,...

virtual  was set right and working...     onto com 12 ,,,, i will wipe out the virtual port and rebuilt it ,,,,

AND THEN ....

guess what  router showed 9600,,,,  ???  not 38K   commander said 38400       but commander was not communicating....

went back into Commander where it showed 38400  and toggled it to 9600 and back  ....to 38400 and everything clicked,...

TRIED IT AGAIN AND AGAIN  I NEEDED TO RESET COMMANDER FROM 38K TO 9600 BACK TO 38K....

    This is different , as I used to be able to just pull out the rj45....  run it on com12  then rj back in for network ...

at least I know how to use it ..