Synching up ARRL DXCC Credits and DXKeeper

WB1DX

I thought I was all synched up and had everything accurate until I looked a bit closer, specifically to the DXCC Challenge stats. I know what the issue is I'm just not sure what the best solution is, so I'm looking for some feedback before I go to far.

The issue is this. My very first DXCC submission contained about 130 QSL cards all applied to the MIXED category. All of these credits appear in my DXCC account for the entity only. No Band or Mode is associated with them. Because there's no band, I am not receiving any credit for these contacts towards the DXCC Challenge. Well not all of them, just the entities where I do not have another confirmed/submitted contact which also gives me credit for the band (and mode).

My thought is to resubmit these cards to the desk so that I get the band and mode credits, then update and link these QSO's to the appropriate QSL Credit. This would also take care of the missing Challenge credits.

I could go through DXKeeper and change the QSL received status to "E", but the entity still shows up as "C" in DXView (confusing) and this does not get me the credit for DXCC Challenge.

Are there any other options here that would get me the missing Challenge Credits and synch up my account to my log?

Thanks in advance,
Ken
[...]

+ DXView's DXCC progress table does not display entity credit; it displays entity-band and entity-mode credit.

and this does not get me the credit for DXCC Challenge.

+ That's correct. If you set a QSO's "QSL Rcvd" or "LoTW QSL Rcvd" item to 'E', then that QSO does not contribute the Entity-Band credit required for DXCC Challenge.

Are there any other options here that would get me the missing Challenge Credits and synch up my account to my log?

+ The only way to obtain missing Challenge credits is to resubmit your "Entity-credit only" cards to the DXCC desk. After they notify you that they've processed your submission, you can direct DXKeeper to Verify that submission, which will update your DXCC award family progress.

WB1DX

Thanks for the confirmation and for the awesome tool(s) that you have created for the amateur radio community. After spending some more time with the various check progress features, I certainly appreciate the feature/functionality that is offered.

Regards, Ken
WB1DX

Gilbert Baron W0MN

At my age and station the chance of getting the challenge award is likely 0 to .0005. % . Likely will have to be satisfied with DXCC and other easier to obtain awards. Nevertheless the question is are entity band and or entity mode etc. credit automatically given for QSOes confirmed via LotW? I assume so but thought I would ask.

Outlook LT Gil W0MN
Hierro Candente Batir de Repente
44.08226 N 92.51265 W EN34rb

[...]

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comment sbelow
Nevertheless the question is are entity band and or entity mode etc. credit automatically given for QSOes confirmed via LotW? I assume so but thought I would ask

+ Yes, when you submit a QSO confirmed via LoTW or QSL card for DXCC award credit, you will receive credit for the QSO's Entity, Entity-Band, and Entity-Mode.

+ There was a time before the DXCC desk used computers. If you submitted a QSL card during that time, you were only granted credit for the QSO's Entity-Band and Entity-Mode if you specifically requested it. Thus there are ops like Ken WB2DX who have confirmed QSOs with "Entity-only" credit, or "Entity and Entity-Band" credit, or "Entity and Entity-Mode" credit. To accurately reflect these three scenarios,

1. check the "Partial DXCC Credit" box in the "Log Settings" panel on DXKeeper's Configuration window's Log tab
2. set the QSO's "QSL Rcvd" item to E for "Entity-only" credit, B for "Entity and Entity-Band" credit, or M for "Entity and Entity-Mode" credit.

+ See

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Configuration.htm#Partial%20DXCC%20Credit

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2022-11-18 5:54 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:

+ There was a time before the DXCC desk used computers. If you submitted a QSL card during that time, you were only granted credit for the QSO's Entity-Band and Entity-Mode if you specifically
requested it.
Specifically, this was in the days of "paper" records at ARRL HQ.
Individual records (paper sheets) were kept for Mixed, CW, Phone,
and RTTY DXCC and for the "endorseable" single band awards - 80,
40, 20, 15 and 10 meters. For those "cards", one would either
receive entity-mode or entity-band credit but not entity-band-mode
unless one had used the same card for both mode and band endorsements.
If one never applied for the single band awards there would be no
entity-band credit.

I still have some 250+ QSOs between 1977 and 1984 in my log marked
QSL_RCVD='M'. All have been replaced by other QSLs for Challenge
(entity-band) credit over the years.

On 2022-11-18 5:54 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comment sbelow

[...]

BILL KENNAMER

Having been at the DXCC desk during the transition to computer, here is how it worked.

Your original, pre computer submission required that you fill out the blanks with a callsign beside the country name on a printed DXCC list. This became your permanent record. There was no provision for band or mode because originally there were only two types of DXCC, phone and mixed. The record was marked as such on the front page, and future submissions simply had new callsigns added to the original submission record. Some of them got pretty tattered over 50 years, I can tell you. Files were kept in order by last submission date, which is why you were asked to provide it on subsequent submissions.

When 5 band DXCC was introduced, it was even simpler; when the submission was made (separately from a regular submission), cards were simply counted per band and verified for accuracy. An award number was assigned, and, since the award was non-endorseable, the lists were thrown away, so there is no record at DXCC of any cards submitted for 5Band before 1992.

When the transition to computer was made in 1992, only the entity code was entered into the computer. If you had mixed, phone, and cw, that meant three original lists had to be entered, one for each mode. Only a number and mode for the mode specific awards was entered.

If you need band or mode credit for those old cards, they must be submitted again.

On Friday, November 18, 2022, 4:03 PM, WB1DX <wb1dx@...> wrote:

Thanks for the confirmation and for the awesome tool(s) that you have created for the amateur radio community. After spending some more time with the various check progress features, I certainly appreciate the feature/functionality that is offered.

Regards, Ken
WB1DX

WB1DX

Thanks Bill and I did listen to your interview with Eric on the QSO Today Podcast. Congratulations for a very insightful look into the DXCC process and on your amateur radio career.

If anyone is interested in listening, here's the link:

QSO Today Interview with Bill Kennamer, K5FUV about the DXCC Awards - QSO TODAY AMATEUR RADIO PODCAST

73, Ken
WB1DX