Topics

Sync LotW QSOs issues

Carlo - IK2RPE

I experienced two different issues trying downloading QSOs from LoTW.

1. wishing to downlaod (full re-update) all my confirmations (about 10.200) from LoTW, clicking  CTRL+ Sync LotW QSOs, after waiting some time (many minutes) nothing happens and I have to abort the request, which determines that DxKeeper terminates.

2. other times, clicking "Sync LotW QSOs" after few seconds a warning window appears saying: "Unable to download from LotW: invalid request"
    WHY? What did I wrong?

Thanks

Carlo  IK2RPE

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

1. wishing to downlaod (full re-update) all my confirmations (about 10.200) from LoTW, clicking  CTRL+ Sync LotW QSOs, after waiting some time (many minutes) nothing happens and I have to abort the request, which determines that DxKeeper terminates.

+ It takes a long time for LoTW to respond with 10K confirmations; you evidently did not wait long enough.

+ Why are you doing a CTRL-"Sync LoTW QSOs"?

+ If you click the LoTW button in the Filter panel at the bottom of the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab, how many QSOs appear in the Log Page Display? These are QSOs that you uploaded to LoTW, but have not been accepted by LoTW.

2. other times, clicking "Sync LotW QSOs" after few seconds a warning window appears saying: "Unable to download from LotW: invalid request"
    WHY? What did I wrong

+ The possibilities are

1. LoTW was in a bad state 

2. DXKeeper is being prevented from accessing LoTW by an anti-malware application (this would prevent every attempt from succeeding, not just some attempts)

3. Internet connectivity problems between your computer and LoTW

Dave, AA6YQ

Carlo - IK2RPE

Because the “DXKeeper Update from LotW” windows says: “the Log Page Display contains 29.934 QSOs, so depressing CTRL while clicking “Sync LoTW QSOs” will certainly be faster”

Carlo  IK2RPE

Da: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> Per conto di Dave AA6YQ
Inviato: domenica 22 novembre 2020 19:47
A: DXLab@groups.io
Oggetto: Re: [DXLab] Sync LotW QSOs issues

+ AA6YQ comments below

+ It takes a long time for LoTW to respond with 10K confirmations; you evidently did not wait long enough.

+ If you click the LoTW button in the Filter panel at the bottom of the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab, how many QSOs appear in the Log Page Display? These are QSOs that you uploaded to LoTW, but have not been accepted by LoTW.

WHY? What did I wrong

+ The possibilities are

1. LoTW was in a bad state 

2. DXKeeper is being prevented from accessing LoTW by an anti-malware application (this would prevent every attempt from succeeding, not just some attempts)

3. Internet connectivity problems between your computer and LoTW

Dave, AA6YQ

Mail priva di virus. www.avg.com

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below
Because the “DXKeeper Update from LotW” windows says: “the Log Page Display contains 29.934 QSOs, so depressing CTRL while clicking “Sync LoTW QSOs” will certainly be faster”

+ Yes it will, but why are you trying to update the LoTW acceptance status of every QSO in your log?

+ Why not limit the operation to only those QSOs that haven't been accepted by LoTW?

Dave, AA6YQ

Dave AA6YQ

* More AA6YQ comments below

* Yes it will, but why are you trying to update the LoTW acceptance status of every QSO in your log?

* Why not limit the operation to only those QSOs that haven't been accepted by LoTW?

Dave, AA6YQ

Carlo - IK2RPE

Dave,

At last I managed to launch a CTRL-"Sync LoTW QSOs" (at morning, European time) and in a very short time I got the "answer".

Analysing the report I got 12.235 QSLs processed and:

1. a large number (656) had "IOTA candidate doesn't specify an IOTA tag" - perfectly understandable
2. other had "WAS (or WAZ) candidate doesn't specify an WAS (or WAZ) tag" - perfectly understandable
3. in few other case there was a "log vs LotW mismatch" - no problem to check and may be correct them

BUT:

4. there were issues in other **237** QSOs with Result "no matching QSO in log". Examining them I discovered that:
4.1 in most cases, i.e. **207**, the QSO's were CONFIRMED in LoTW and in DxKeeper>Loq_QSOs>Online_QSL>LotW> in "rcvd" they were flagged with "Y" and with a proper date in "date rcvd" - that is strange, why no matching QSO in log, with date, time, mode, freq same/correct in both LotW and DxKeeper?!
4.2 in the remaining **30** QSO's were CONFIRMED in LoTW but in DxKeeper>Loq_QSOs>Online_QSL>LotW> in "rcvd" the flag was "R" (requested) and not "Y" and of course no date in "date rcvd"

I wished only to let you know my findings for which I have no answers

Carlo IK2RPE

-----Messaggio originale-----
Inviato: domenica 22 novembre 2020 20:41

* Yes it will, but why are you trying to update the LoTW acceptance status of every QSO in your log?

* Why not limit the operation to only those QSOs that haven't been accepted by LoTW?

Dave, AA6YQ

--
Questa email è stata esaminata alla ricerca di virus da AVG.
http://www.avg.com

Joe Subich, W4TV

4. there were issues in other **237** QSOs with Result "no matching QSO in log". Examining them I discovered that:
4.1 in most cases, i.e. **207**, the QSO's were CONFIRMED in LoTW and
in DxKeeper>Loq_QSOs>Online_QSL>LotW> in "rcvd" they were flagged with "Y" and with a proper date in "date rcvd" - that is strange,
why no matching QSO in log, with date, time, mode, freq same/correct
in both LotW and DxKeeper?!
4.2 in the remaining **30** QSO's were CONFIRMED in LoTW but in DxKeeper>Loq_QSOs>Online_QSL>LotW> in "rcvd" the flag was "R" (requested) and not "Y" and of course no date in "date rcvd"
I don't know if Dave is away for the log holiday weekend or not but ...

For DXKeeper to consider an LotW QSO/QSL and *exact match* to an entry
in your log it must match *exactly* on the Station_Worked, Station_Call,
QSO_Begin (*to the second*), Band, and Mode (including data submode):
<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/LotWNoMatchingQSOInLog>;

Common reasons for no match, doing something that would strip seconds
on the start time on upload, uploading with out a /a, /p, etc. when
the station call includes it (or vice versa), uploading with mode =
DATA instead of mode=FT8, FT4, JT65, etc. (or having the "other" station
make one of those same "errors").

Examine your "No matching QSO in log" responses again, carefully, with
those rules in mind.

... Joe, W4TV

On 2020-11-27 9:10 AM, Carlo - IK2RPE wrote:
Dave,
At last I managed to launch a CTRL-"Sync LoTW QSOs" (at morning, European time) and in a very short time I got the "answer".
Analysing the report I got 12.235 QSLs processed and:
1. a large number (656) had "IOTA candidate doesn't specify an IOTA tag" - perfectly understandable
2. other had "WAS (or WAZ) candidate doesn't specify an WAS (or WAZ) tag" - perfectly understandable
3. in few other case there was a "log vs LotW mismatch" - no problem to check and may be correct them
BUT:
4.1 in most cases, i.e. **207**, the QSO's were CONFIRMED in LoTW and in DxKeeper>Loq_QSOs>Online_QSL>LotW> in "rcvd" they were flagged with "Y" and with a proper date in "date rcvd" - that is strange, why no matching QSO in log, with date, time, mode, freq same/correct in both LotW and DxKeeper?!
Carlo IK2RPE
-----Messaggio originale-----
Inviato: domenica 22 novembre 2020 20:41
Dave, AA6YQ

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

+ See

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/LotWNoMatchingQSOInLog>;

Dave, AA6YQ