Topics

Sync LotW QSLs operation

Steve GW4BKG

For some years I have used DXKeeper as a reference log but have now moved my whole operation over to DXLabs.
As a. result I had to perform an "Update from LOTW” operation on the whole of my log - some 100k QSOs.
This went smoothly and I have subsequently performed two “Upload to LOTW” operations again without problem.
However when I come to perform the “Sync LotW QSLs” I run into difficulties.
I get an “attempting to access LOTW” message with a countdown clock which only gets as far as 58 seconds and then the system indicates “not responding” .
If I click the abort button the same message appears.
I have tried this during quiet LOTW times with the same response.
I have tried the same function with a date filter in equal to my last LOTW upload but then get a message “unable to download from LOTW - invalid request”
I guess I may be doing something wrong and would appreciate some guidance.
Thanks.
Steve
GW4BKG

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 02:56 AM, Steve GW4BKG wrote:

For some years I have used DXKeeper as a reference log but have now moved my whole operation over to DXLabs.
As a. result I had to perform an "Update from LOTW” operation on the whole of my log - some 100k QSOs.

+ For that many QSOs, depressing the CTRL key while clicking "Sync LoTW QSOs" would be faster.

This went smoothly and I have subsequently performed two “Upload to LOTW” operations again without problem.
However when I come to perform the “Sync LotW QSLs” I run into difficulties.
I get an “attempting to access LOTW” message with a countdown clock which only gets as far as 58 seconds and then the system indicates “not responding”

+ "Not responding" in a window's title bar is Microsoft-speak for "waiting for input/output". Let the operation run to completion.

Steve GW4BKG

Thanks Dave,
It has eventually responded.
I did know about the use of the CTRL key but only discovered the
 auto update option in update from LOTW half way through the operation !
73
Steve
GW4BKG

On 1 Jun 2020, at 11:04, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

+ Depressing the CTRL key while clicking the "Sync LoTW QSOs" button directs LoTW to report the status of every QSO it has accepted from you; DXKeeper then updates your logged QSOs to reflect the status received. In contrast, the "Update from LoTW" function requests the status of each QSO in the Log Page Display one-at-a-time; this is much faster for small numbers of QSOs, but should not be used to obtain the status of large numbers of QSOs. See the "Updating Logged QSOs to their Reflect Acceptance and Confirmation by LotW" section in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/QSL.htm#QSLing%20via%20LotW>

+ It should only be necessary to invoke "Sync LoTW QSOs" with the CTRL key depressed once: when you transition to DXKeeper from a logging application that did not include the LoTW status of each QSO in the ADIF file it exported that you then imported into DXKeeper.