Topics

Sync LoTW

w3qt_mike

I’m having a slight problem with DXK on the QSL tab in the LoTW Operations pane.  The Sync LoTW QSLs date and time stamp does not change at the end of the operation.  This just started.  Currently the upload date shows as 10/19/20.  The Sync date is stuck on 10/15/20 but should read 10/20/2020.  I’ve restarted the computer, DXK several times, as well as retrying the sync several times but no change.  The Upload to LoTW stamp is accurate.  Thanks.

73,

Mike, W3QT

Salvatore Besso

Mike,

the "Sync LotW QSLs" date doesn't change if there are no LotW changes, for example new confirmations but also data corrections. What does the text log say at the end of the sync operation? If it says "there are no changes..." or something similar, the sync date will not change and it will remain at the last date where you've had changes.

73 de
Salvatore (I4FYV)

w3qt_mike

Thanks, Salvatore, that explains it. I knew the message about no new
confirmations remains the same until a new confirmation is found, but I
wasn't aware that the date also remained the same until there is a change.
Thanks for the explanation. Glad it's not an issue.

73,
Mike, W3QT

the "Sync LotW QSLs" date doesn't change if there are no LotW changes, for
example new confirmations but also data corrections. What does the text log
say at the end of the sync operation? If it says "there are no changes..."
or something similar, the sync date will not change and it will remain at
the last date where you've had changes.

73 de
Salvatore (I4FYV)

Thanks, Salvatore, that explains it. I knew the message about no new confirmations remains the same until a new confirmation is
found, but I wasn't aware that the date also remained the same until there is a change.
Thanks for the explanation. Glad it's not an issue.

+ The date and time shown beneath the "Sync LoTW QSLs" button is when LoTW last reported a new confirmation. When you invoke "Sync
LoTW QSLs", DXKeeper presents this date and time to LoTW, requesting to be informed of any new confirmations created after that date
and time. If LoTW has new confirmations to report, it includes the date and time of the most recently created confirmation to
DXKeeper, which then displays it beneath the "Sync LoTW QSLs" button.

+ The date and time shown beneath the "Sync LoTW QSOs" button work in a similar manner.

w3qt_mike

Thanks, Dave. I guess I hadn't really paid attention to the changing date
before this. Good to know that it's the date and time of the most recently
created confirmation. Thanks for the explanation/clarification.

73,
Mike, W3QT

[...]

+ It's the date and time at which the most recently created confirmation was created.