Topics

Switching Functions

Bill Stravinsky

Dave

I've wondered this for sometime actually but while watching the Qsl queue count down I wondered about this scenario:

1. uploading the Lotw or EQsl queue

2. if you finish or clear the queue, at the very top of the box it counts down somewhat slow and if you have several hundred contacts you can sit there staring at the screen.

Question - can I go to another function of dxL, say go to the log Qsos tab or where ever else while the count down is still in process?

Bill
K3WJV

I've wondered this for sometime actually but while watching the Qsl queue count down I wondered about this scenario:

1. uploading the Lotw or EQsl queue

2. if you finish or clear the queue, at the very top of the box it counts down somewhat slow and if you have several hundred contacts you can sit there staring at the screen.

Question - can I go to another function of dxL, say go to the log Qsos tab or where ever else while the count down is still in process?

+ No. You should allow the current operation to complete before starting any new operation.

Bill Stravinsky

Tnx Dave

Bill
K3WJV

btw, Tonite was the 2nd time I have done my Lotw & EQsl uploading doing it the "new" way - as opposed to the way I was previously doing it in our recent post.
The first thing I do is take care of Lotw so when I uploaded to Lotw I got an error box (see, I told you my way was better, hi).  well it told me there was an error in line 93
and in looking back I had imported a Qso from my cwt contest log from n1mm that was logged as K4 and of course Lotw spit that right out, hi.  I found the error and
deleted the Qso and started over and everything completed fine.

I am happy I went to the more intended path of doing this chore.  I have 3 cwt logs every week to import to dxL and then upload to the other Qsl sites and I think from now on
I might import each one after I finish operating instead of accumulating the 3 logs of the day.  Smaller Qsl queues will take less time in uploading (duh)

Tnx again for your amazingly fast response to my question.

Bill
K3WJV

+ AA6YQ comments below