Support for Sun Expert radios?

Knut Meland

I can't find Sun Expert SDR2 DX or other radios from this Russian factory on the list of supported radios.

Will it work under some other radios settings?
73 de Knut LA9RY

I can't find Sun Expert SDR2 DX or other radios from this Russian factory on the list of supported radios.

Will it work under some other radios settings?

+ I went looking for documentation at

https://sunsdr.eu/product/sunsdr2dx/

+ but found none, and thus cannot answer your question.

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Sun, May 9, 2021 at 10:24 AM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@ambersoft.com> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

I can't find Sun Expert SDR2 DX or other radios from this Russian factory on the list of supported radios.

Will it work under some other radios settings?

+ I went looking for documentation at

https://sunsdr.eu/product/sunsdr2dx/

+ but found none, and thus cannot answer your question.
Seems like a repeat of this conversation:
https://groups.io/g/DXLab/topic/80062935

73,

~iain / N6ML

Peter Laws / N5UWY

On Sun, May 9, 2021 at 5:07 AM Knut Meland <knut.meland@getmail.no> wrote:

I can't find Sun Expert SDR2 DX or other radios from this Russian factory on the list of supported radios.

Am I the only one who read "Sun Expert" and then immediately thought
of "Ask Mister Protocol"?

Probably just me.

Pete Smith

Probably.   ????

73, Pete N4ZR
web server at <http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.
On 5/9/2021 4:24 PM, Peter Laws / N5UWY wrote:

On Sun, May 9, 2021 at 5:07 AM Knut Meland <knut.meland@...> wrote:
I can't find Sun Expert SDR2 DX or other radios from this Russian factory on the list of supported radios.

Am I the only one who read "Sun Expert" and then immediately thought
of "Ask Mister Protocol"?

Probably just me.

Richard, LB2EG

The ExpertSDR program used with the SunSDR rigs use kenwood TS-480 protocol for traditional CAT.

73 de LB2EG Richard

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below:
The ExpertSDR program used with the SunSDR rigs use kenwood TS-480 protocol for traditional CAT.

+ Then Commander users should set the "Radio Model" selector to "Kenwood" on the Configuration window's General tab.

+ Thanks, Richard!

Damien F5RRS

Sun Expert SDR2 DX or other radios from this Russian factory are using Kenwood TS-480 CAT protocol.

We can find the answer on the user Manual
<<< 5.3.4.1 ECATv1
ECATv1 - exchange protocol compatible with TS-480 transceiver. This protocol allows
exchanging data with external devices and software via COM-port.>>>

I'm using SunSDR2 PRO and DX transceiver with the DXLab suite without any issues.

73 - Damien F5RRS

Sun Expert SDR2 DX or other radios from this Russian factory are using Kenwood TS-480 CAT protocol.

We can find the answer on the user Manual
<<< 5.3.4.1 ECATv1
ECATv1 - exchange protocol compatible with TS-480 transceiver. This protocol allows
exchanging data with external devices and software via COM-port.>>>

I'm using SunSDR2 PRO and DX transceiver with the DXLab suite without any issues

+ Thanks, Damien! From where can I download the user manual?

Damien F5RRS

Hello Dave,

73 - Damien F5RRS

you can find the user manual here : https://eesdr.com/en/products-en/transceivers-en/sunsdr2dx-en