SQL Syntax Question

n2_ss

I have multiple MYQTH locations and I have some QSO’s in my log where the MYQTH entry is blank (somehow some got dropped when transferring from another logging program). I would like to do a custom sort to identify blank MYQTH boxes so that I can fix them. I’ve tried using apostrophe’s and quotation marks both with and without spaces in between; I’ve tried using the term NULL. Can’t get anything to generate just the blank MYQTH entries. Obviously, I’ve got something wrong in the SQL syntax. Suggestions?

Thanks,

Tony N2SS

Dave AA6YQ

+ I have multiple MYQTH locations and I have some QSO’s in my log where the MYQTH entry is blank (somehow some got dropped when transferring from another logging program). I would like to do a custom sort to identify blank MYQTH boxes so that I can fix them. I’ve tried using apostrophe’s and quotation marks both with and without spaces in between; I’ve tried using the term NULL. Can’t get anything to generate just the blank MYQTH entries. Obviously, I’ve got something wrong in the SQL syntax. Suggestions?

+ Try this:

LEN(MYQTHID)=0

ND9G Mike

MTQTHID=''  works fine for me.

Those are two single quotes, not a single double quote.

73,
Mike ND9G

On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 1:24 PM n2_ss <n2ss@...> wrote:

I have multiple MYQTH locations and I have some QSO’s in my log where the MYQTH entry is blank (somehow some got dropped when transferring from another logging program). I would like to do a custom sort to identify blank MYQTH boxes so that I can fix them. I’ve tried using apostrophe’s and quotation marks both with and without spaces in between; I’ve tried using the term NULL. Can’t get anything to generate just the blank MYQTH entries. Obviously, I’ve got something wrong in the SQL syntax. Suggestions?

Thanks,

Tony N2SS

n2_ss

Worked like a charm! Guess I need to learn more about SQL language and syntax. Thanks, Dave.

Tony N2SS

On 11/16/21, 2:43 PM, "Dave AA6YQ" <DXLab@groups.io on behalf of aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ I have multiple MYQTH locations and I have some QSO’s in my log where the MYQTH entry is blank (somehow some got dropped when transferring from another logging program). I would like to do a custom sort to identify blank MYQTH boxes so that I can fix them. I’ve tried using apostrophe’s and quotation marks both with and without spaces in between; I’ve tried using the term NULL. Can’t get anything to generate just the blank MYQTH entries. Obviously, I’ve got something wrong in the SQL syntax. Suggestions?

+ Try this:

LEN(MYQTHID)=0

n2_ss

Yep, MYQTHID='' worked. When I was trying it I was not including  “ID”

Thanks,

Tony N2SS

On 11/16/21, 2:46 PM, "ND9G Mike" <DXLab@groups.io on behalf of mike.nd9g@...> wrote:

[...]

+ This section of the Reference Documentation provides an introduction:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/SQL.htm

+ At the end of the section, you’ll find URLs for two online SQL references.

ND9G Mike

I also find this page very helpful. It lists the fields available in DXKeeper. It shows the field label, the name of the field in the database, corresponding ADIF field, data type, field lengths, and some comments.

It is very useful when building SQL queries for DXKeeper.

73,
Mike ND9G

+ AA6YQ comments below