SQL Help

Pete W1RM

My SQL skills are basic and I want to write some SQL filters to help spot very specific stations.  I need to create filters for, as an example, 12 meter digital from zone 2, or 80 meter cw zone 18.

There are a bunch more that I need to create.

Can someone give me a hand?  Off line would probably be best so as to not clog up the reflector.

Thanks

Pete Chamalian, W1RM

W1RM@...

My SQL skills are basic and I want to write some SQL filters to help spot very specific stations. I need to create filters for, as
an example, 12 meter digital from zone 2, or 80 meter cw zone 18.

+ You'll have to be more specific about what "digital" means, as there are a ton of digital modes. As a first step, I'll assume you
mean RTTY, PSK31, FT8, or FT4. The SQL expression for that filter in SpotCollector would be

((BAND = '12m') and (MODE in ('RTTY', 'PSK31', 'FT8', 'FT4'))) or ((BAND='80m') and (MODE='CW') and (CQ='18'))

+ You can edit the

'RTTY', 'PSK31', 'FT8', 'FT4'

+ section to exactly specify the digital modes that count for the award(s) you are purusing.

Can someone give me a hand? Off line would probably be best so as to not clog up the reflector.

+ This group can't be "clogged up"; other readers may find the examples helpful.

# more AA6YQ comments below

My SQL skills are basic and I want to write some SQL filters to help spot very specific stations. I need to create filters for, as
an example, 12 meter digital from zone 2, or 80 meter cw zone 18.

+ You'll have to be more specific about what "digital" means, as there
+ are a ton of digital modes. As a first step, I'll assume you
mean RTTY, PSK31, FT8, or FT4. The SQL expression for that filter in SpotCollector would be

((BAND = '12m') and (MODE in ('RTTY', 'PSK31', 'FT8', 'FT4'))) or ((BAND='80m') and (MODE='CW') and (CQ='18'))

# The expression above misses the "zone 2" requirement for 12m digital; here's the correct expression:

((BAND = '12m') and (MODE in ('RTTY', 'PSK31', 'FT8', 'FT4')) and (CQ='2')) or ((BAND='80m') and (MODE='CW') and (CQ='18'))