SQL for WAS

Pete W1RM

I’m on a quest for WAS on all bands, phone, cw, digital.

I have most of it covered and need a state here and there.

I looked at the SQL but can’t figure out how to write a filter for spot collector that would spot something like Idaho on 80 meters FT8 or FT4.

Can it even be done?

Thanks

Pete Chamalian, W1RM

W1RM@...

Joe Subich, W4TV

spot something like Idaho on 80 meters FT8 or FT4.

State = 'ID' and mode in ('FT8',FT4') and DXCCPrefix='K'

On 2022-10-02 9:49 PM, Pete W1RM wrote:
I'm on a quest for WAS on all bands, phone, cw, digital.
I have most of it covered and need a state here and there.
I looked at the SQL but can't figure out how to write a filter for spot
collector that would spot something like Idaho on 80 meters FT8 or FT4.
Can it even be done?
Thanks
Pete Chamalian, W1RM
W1RM@...

I'm on a quest for WAS on all bands, phone, cw, digital.

I have most of it covered and need a state here and there.

I looked at the SQL but can't figure out how to write a filter for spot collector that would spot something like Idaho on 80 meters
FT8 or FT4. Can it even be done?

+ This is the SQL expression for that filter:

(DXCCPrefix='K') and (Primary='ID') and (Band='80m') and (Mode in ('FT8','FT4'))

+ If you configure DXKeeper with your WAS objectives, as described here

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Progress.htm#Realtime%20Award%20Tracking%20for%20ARRL%20WAS%20Awards

+ Then SpotCollector's Need filter will display active stations with whom a confirmed QSO would advance your progress towards your
WAS award objects, along with any other objectives you've configured in DXKeeper.

Pete W1RM

Thanks for the help. I now have my needed states and zones for each mode
and band all neatly set up in the SQL. I'm chasing 10 band WAZ on each mode
as well as 10 WAS, each mode.

[...]

+ Relying on an SQL expression will require you to edit that expression each time you work a needed station, and each time a QSO
with a needed station is confirmed. DXLab's realtime award tracking for WAS and WAZ eliminates the need to do that: specify your
objectives once, and the actions on working or confirming a needed station are automated. Is there a reason you're not using it?

Pete W1RM

I have WAS Bands and modes set and Realtime Award Progress selected.  I have the same for WAZ.

When I go to the RAT window and select 80 Phone, the Band changes back to Any.  I have not been able to set RAT to show a specific band/mode.

For WAZ, if I select band 160 it only lets me see overall.

If I select 80, mode CW, it shows V for zone 18 but I do not have zone 18 confirmed.  I only have zone 18 confirmed on ft8.  When I click on the V under 80, it shows three qsos, 2 cw (not confirmed) and on3e FT8, confirmed/verified.

So how do I set up the realtime tracking?  Here’s my setup:

[...]

+ That's correct. DXLab's realtime award tracking for WAS does not support the pursuit of WAS "endorsement stickers" for
State-Band-Mode combinations; it supports only Mixed State awards, State-Band awards, and State-Mode awards. See

http://www.arrl.org/was

+ You can of course choose to pursue endorsements for State-Band-Mode combinations, but you'll have to use an SQL expression in
SpotCollector to do so.

For WAZ, if I select band 160 it only lets me see overall.

+ The WAZ award family includes Zone-Band-Mode combinations. See

https://cq-amateur-radio.com/cq_awards/cq_waz_awards/cq-WAZ-Rules-English.pdf

If I select 80, mode CW, it shows V for zone 18 but I do not have zone 18 confirmed. I only have zone 18 confirmed on ft8.

+ If you have a confirmed FT8 QSO with Zone 18, then you have zone 18 confirmed for Mixed WAZ, Digital-WAZ, and on whatever band you
made the QSO.

When I click on the V under 80, it shows three qsos, 2 cw (not confirmed) and on3e FT8, confirmed/verified.

+ "Confirmed" and "Verified" are not the same. For WAZ,

- "Confirmed" means the QSO has been confirmed via a QSL card, an LoTW confirmation, or an eQSL AG confirmation

- "Verified" means that the Confirmed QSO you submitted to the WAZ award sponsor was granted WAZ award credit

+ There is no WAZ award service that DXKeeper can query to determine which of your QSOs have been granted WAZ award credit. If you
use DXKeeper's WAZ Submission mechanism to assemble a set of confirmed QSOs to be submitted for WAZ award credit, then if all of
those QSOs are granted WAZ award credit, you can update them all to indicate "WAZ Award Credit Granted" with a single mouse click;
otherwise, when you are informed that some submitted QSOs have been granted WAZ award credit, you must manually set the "WAZ Vfy"
item to 'V' in each of those submitted QSOs. See

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Progress.htm#Generating%20and%20Processing%20a%20WAZ%20Submission

So how do I set up the realtime tracking? Here's my setup:

+ Screen shots are not conveyed here.

For WAZ, if I select band 160 it only lets me see overall.
The WAZ award family includes Zone-Band-Mode combinations - but not for 160m. As stated in the WAZ rules, 160m is "mixed only".

Pete W1RM

Thanks Dave.  My need goes beyond the “traditional” award offerings.

I am aiming at working WAZ on each band, 160-6, mixed, cw, ssb, digital.  It’s a “thing”.

Ditto WAS.

This is why I need the SQL to help with spots.

Yes, modifying the SQL after a successful confirmation is tedious but such is life.

Pete Chamalian, W1RM

W1RM@...

For WAZ, if I select band 160 it only lets me see overall.

+  The WAZ award family includes Zone-Band-Mode combinations - but not for 160m. As stated in the WAZ rules, 160m is "mixed only".

Thanks Dave. My need goes beyond the “traditional” award offerings.

I am aiming at working WAZ on each band, 160-6, mixed, cw, ssb, digital. It’s a “thing”.

Ditto WAS.

This is why I need the SQL to help with spots.

+ Agreed. Thanks for the explanation, Pete.

+ You can rely on the standard WAS and WAZ Realtime Award Tracking for the "counters" they cover, and use an SQL expression for your needs beyond the "standard" awards; doing so would reduce the SQL expression maintenance.