Topics

SQL filter questions

Ron KU7Y

I have made two SQL filters and thought they were working because they don't
pop up the little error window. But they are not doing what I want. Here are
the two filters:

(MODE='CW') and ('BUGDXLab.txt')
(MODE='CW') and ('CWops data.txt')

What I would like to do is to get ONLY the spots from those 2 lists.

I tried using (MODE='CW') and ('BUGDXLab.txt') or ('CWops data.txt') but if
that is right it still needs to restrict the spots to Only those two lists.

Thanks,

OK, back in my hole,

Ron, KU7Y
Mountain Home, ID DN23dc
CW Ops #1211
SKCC #4904
QRP ARCI #8829
SOC #2
Idaho DX Association
Ron@...

I have made two SQL filters and thought they were working because they don't pop up the little error window. But they are not doing
what I want. Here are the two filters:

(MODE='CW') and ('BUGDXLab.txt')
(MODE='CW') and ('CWops data.txt')

+ Neither of those is a valid SQL expression.

What I would like to do is to get ONLY the spots from those 2 lists.

+ Do you mean

A. I only want to see Spot Database Entries of callsigns on one of those lists?

or

B. I only want to see Spot Database Entries created from spots by a callsign on one of those lists?

+ B is not supported.

+ If A is your objective, then as a first step, please review

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/spotcollector/Help/ConfigurationSpecialCallsigns.htm>

+ This section of SpotCollector's Reference documentation explains how to load SpotCollector's "Special Callsign List" from a text
file in which each line specifies a callsign and a tag.

+ If every entry in your CWops file specifies a callsign and the tag CWOPs, then this SQL expression will filter the Spot Database
Display to contain only Entries whose callsign is present in your CWops file:

TAGS like '*CWOPS*

+ If every entry in your BUGDXLab file specifies a callsign and the tag BUGDXLab, then this SQL expression will filter the Spot
Database Display to contain only Entries whose callsign is present in your CWops file or your BUGDXLab file:

(TAGS like '*CWOPS*') or (TAGS like '* BUGDXLab *')

Ron KU7Y

Sorry to be such a bother Dave.

Getting closer.....

The filter (TAGS like '*BUG*') works just right. Here is a line from the
BUG file: AA5KV,BUG-008

But here is a line from the CWOps file: AA2XB,Frank,NY,Maryland NY

There is nothing common to all entries to use as a TAG. Do I need to add a
column to this file with something like CWOps to use as a TAG? Or is there
another way to make this file work?

OK, back in my hole,

Ron, KU7Y
Mountain Home, ID DN23dc
CW Ops #1211
SKCC #4904
QRP ARCI #8829
SOC #2
Idaho DX Association
Ron@...

https://www.avg.com

The filter (TAGS like '*BUG*') works just right. Here is a line from the BUG file: AA5KV,BUG-008

But here is a line from the CWOps file: AA2XB,Frank,NY,Maryland NY

There is nothing common to all entries to use as a TAG. Do I need to add a column to this file with something like CWOps to use as a
TAG? Or is there another way to make this file work?

+ The CWOPs entry you show above must be changed to

AA2XB, CWOPS

+ The same transformation must be applied to every other line of the file.

+ Such a file can be constructed by downloading the CWOPS membership roster in .xls format from

<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ew8b1WAorFRCixGRsr031atxmS0SsycvmOczS_fDqzc/export#gid=0&format=xls>

+ and then modifying this spreadsheet to enable the saving the a CWOPS file in the required comma-delimited format. I have performed
this modification, and placed the resulting CWOPS.txt file here:

<www.dxlabsuite.com/spotcollector/SpecialCallsigns/CWOPS%202019-12-10.txt>

Ron KU7Y

Wow! Thank you very much Dave.

I had just opened Excel and was trying to put a TAG into a new first column,
which would not have worked!

Both single filters and the dual filter are working great now.

I owe you another cup of coffee!!

OK, back in my hole,

Ron, KU7Y
Mountain Home, ID DN23dc