Topics

SQL filter help

Jamie WW3S

Need help filtering by contest ID and year, like CQWW cw in 2015, I thought I had it, but must have a bracket in the wrong place....

Need help filtering by contest ID and year, like CQWW cw in 2015, I thought I had it, but must have a bracket in the wrong place....

+ Try this:

(CONTEST_ID = 'CQWW') and (YEAR(QSO_BEGIN)=2015)

+ If your CQWW contest QSOs specify something other than CQWW in their CONTEST_ID items (like CQ-WW-CW), adjust the above expression
accordingly.

Jamie WW3S

thanks Dave.....

any chance of a future enhancement to the operator ID field.....13 characters is too small for some multi op operations.

Need help filtering by contest ID and year, like CQWW cw in 2015, I thought I had it, but must have a bracket in the wrong place....

+ Try this:

(CONTEST_ID = 'CQWW') and (YEAR(QSO_BEGIN)=2015)

+ If your CQWW contest QSOs specify something other than CQWW in their CONTEST_ID items (like CQ-WW-CW), adjust the above expression
accordingly.

any chance of a future enhancement to the operator ID field.....13 characters is too small for some multi op operations.

+ Please provide some examples.

Jamie WW3S

K3GP, ND8L, WW3S returns a string about exceeding the 13 character length....with or without the spaces....

any chance of a future enhancement to the operator ID field.....13 characters is too small for some multi op operations.

+ Please provide some examples.

K3GP, ND8L, WW3S returns a string about exceeding the 13 character length....with or without the spaces....

+ That's not a valid US callsign, with or without the spaces

any chance of a future enhancement to the operator ID field.....13 characters is too small for some multi op operations.

+ Please provide some examples.

Jamie WW3S

It’s for a club callsign, in a multi op contest....it took ND8L, WW3S but won’t take longer....

On Sep 19, 2020, at 9:29 PM, Dave AA6YQ <@AA6YQ> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

K3GP, ND8L, WW3S returns a string about exceeding the 13 character length....with or without the spaces....

+ That's not a valid US callsign, with or without the spaces

any chance of a future enhancement to the operator ID field.....13 characters is too small for some multi op operations.

+ Please provide some examples.

It's for a club callsign, in a multi op contest....it took ND8L, WW3S but won't take longer....

+ It would be illegal to use that callsign over the air. Callsigns cannot contain spaces or punctuation. Also, US callsigns are issued by the FCC; you can't just fabricate one.

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 6:44 PM Dave AA6YQ <@AA6YQ> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

It's for a club callsign, in a multi op contest....it took ND8L, WW3S but won't take longer....

+ It would be illegal to use that callsign over the air. Callsigns cannot contain spaces or punctuation. Also, US callsigns are issued by the FCC; you can't just fabricate one.
This conversation is getting a bit bizarre :)

Are we talking about the Operator Callsign field? If so, that's
intended to be the callsign of *the operator who made that QSO*, not
the list of all of the operators who jointly participated in a
multi-op contest entry. Contest logging software usually allows each
operator to "log in" (so subsequent QSOs will be logged with them as
the operator).

73,

~iain / N6ML

Jamie WW3S

I agree Ian, bizarre.....have no idea where Dave is coming from....here is a snip from one that worked....

since many different ops use the club callsign, I've been using the op field to denote which group was there for that contest, may not be the way it was intended, but it works, as long as the total string is less than 13 characters.....otherwise it returns this error:

my only suggestion was to expand this field longer than 13......nothing to do with illegal use, fabricated callsigns, etc.....I'll crawl back under my rock now.....

On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 7:21 PM Jamie WW3S <ww3s@...> wrote:
since many different ops use the club callsign, I've been using the op field to denote which group was there for that contest, may not be the way it was intended, but it works, as long as the total string is less than 13 characters.....otherwise it returns this error:
The ADIF spec (https://www.adif.org/311/ADIF_311.htm#QSO_Field_OPERATOR)
defines it as:

"the logging operator's callsign"

So yeah, thatt's not how the field is intended to be used - it's
intended to store one (and only one) callsign.

73,

~iain / N6ML

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2020-09-19 10:21 PM, Jamie WW3S wrote:
since many different ops use the club callsign, I've been using the op
field to denote which group was there for that contest,
Jamie, your misuse of the Operator field is bizarre ... The "Operator
CALL" field is defined by ADIF as the *single* callsign of the operator
who logged (made) the QSO. If you want to record *all* the operators
involved in a multi-op effort, put their calls in the "Comments" field
or in one of the user defined fields.

On 2020-09-19 10:21 PM, Jamie WW3S wrote:
[...]

+ Jamie, the description of DXKeeper's Operator item is "the callsign of your station's operator".

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Items.htm#op_call>

+ It is designed to record a single callsign, not a list of callsigns.

my only suggestion was to expand this field longer than 13......nothing to do with illegal use, fabricated callsigns, etc.....I'll crawl back under my rock now.....

+ I misunderstood your request.

+ I cannot expand the meaning of the Operator item from its current "the callsign of your station's operator" to "a comma-separated list of station operators" because there is no ADIF field with the latter definition. If implemented, the requested expansion would prevent DXKeeper from exporting an ADIF OPERATOR field from a logged QSO's Operator item; that would be a regression in DXKeeper's functionality.

+ As Joe W4TV suggested, if you want each of your contest QSOs to record all of the participating operators, setup a user-defined item for that purpose; the capacity of a user-defined field is 1024 characters. See

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Configuration.htm#User%20Items%20tab>