spots of K1JT modes contain what appear to be QSX indications in their spot notes

Dave AA6YQ

A spot of 5A0YL today on 18,100 with spot notes

led SpotCollector to erroneously set the Spot Database Entry's QSX field to 18,082.

Though WSJT-X may enable your transceiver's Split function in order to keep your transmit tones in a reasonable range, any QSX
frequency extracted from spot notes is ignored because the panoramic reception employ bye WSJT-X makes it irrelevant.

I thus propose that the next version of SpotCollector not attempt to extract QSX frequencies from the spot notes of stations
operating in K1JT modes.

Objections? Better ideas?

Jon Gefaell

Sounds like the right behaviour to me.

On 2/11/2021 20:23, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
A spot of 5A0YL today on 18,100 with spot notes

led SpotCollector to erroneously set the Spot Database Entry's QSX field to 18,082.

Though WSJT-X may enable your transceiver's Split function in order to keep your transmit tones in a reasonable range, any QSX
frequency extracted from spot notes is ignored because the panoramic reception employ bye WSJT-X makes it irrelevant.

I thus propose that the next version of SpotCollector not attempt to extract QSX frequencies from the spot notes of stations
operating in K1JT modes.

Objections? Better ideas?

Mike Flowers

I agree. This should be the behavior in such cases.

-- 73 de Mike Flowers, K6MKF, NCDXC - "It's about DX!"

On Feb 11, 2021, at 5:26 PM, Jon Gefaell <jon@turing.org> wrote:

´╗┐Sounds like the right behaviour to me.

On 2/11/2021 20:23, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
A spot of 5A0YL today on 18,100 with spot notes

led SpotCollector to erroneously set the Spot Database Entry's QSX field to 18,082.

Though WSJT-X may enable your transceiver's Split function in order to keep your transmit tones in a reasonable range, any QSX
frequency extracted from spot notes is ignored because the panoramic reception employ bye WSJT-X makes it irrelevant.

I thus propose that the next version of SpotCollector not attempt to extract QSX frequencies from the spot notes of stations
operating in K1JT modes.

Objections? Better ideas?

w6de

I also agree with your suggestion and have no better ideas.

73,
Dave, w6de