Topics

Spots Clearing Issue when Running N1MM+

Russ Ravella

Hi Dave,

There are times when I want to toggle off spots on my SSDR displays coming from SC to see just spots from N1MM+'s Telnet function.  To do so I switch off Commander>Config>Bandspread>Display calls on panadapter and I no longer get SC spots displayed as expected.  However the spots coming from N1MM+ are very frequently cleared from the display.  If I close Commander, this no longer happens.  Is it possible that when SC updates and sends new spots to Commander for display, something like a "redraw" command is involved which includes a "clear spots" function that is still happening even though the spots themselves aren't being displayed ?

Obviously, I'd prefer to have Commander running to provide the radio interface for the rest of DXL so I don't want to just close it, right ?

Thanks,
Russ KR6W

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

There are times when I want to toggle off spots on my SSDR displays coming from SC to see just spots from N1MM+'s Telnet function. To do so I switch off Commander>Config>Bandspread>Display calls on panadapter and I no longer get SC spots displayed as expected. However the spots coming from N1MM+ are very frequently cleared from the display. If I close Commander, this no longer happens. Is it possible that when SC updates and sends new spots to Commander for display, something like a "redraw" command is involved which includes a "clear spots" function that is still happening even though the spots themselves aren't being displayed ?

Obviously, I'd prefer to have Commander running to provide the radio interface for the rest of DXL so I don't want to just close it, right ?

+ Commander is not designed to share SmartSDR with another transceiver control application.

Dave, AA6YQ