From: Jim N7US <jim@...>
Sent: Saturday, June 8, 2019 10:42
To: DXLab Reflector (DXLab@groups.io) <DXLab@groups.io>
Subject: SpotCollector Web Server

I am trying to get SpotCollector’s Web Server to work from outside my network.  I have a reserved IP address on my LAN for my shack computer and port forwarding set up in the router.  It works fine only as long as the firewall in McAfee Total Protection is turned off.

I have specified Spot Collector and the designated port as exceptions in McAfee.  Any other suggestions (I know, just use Windows Defender) would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Jim N7US

Jim N7US

The last change I made in Firewall Settings was in Ports and System Services.  I added SpotCollector Web Server and the local port number and discovered I had to check the box “open ports to ALL PCs.”

Jim N7US

Found the missing piece to the puzzle five minutes after sending the note below, so case closed.

Jim N7US

I am trying to get SpotCollector’s Web Server to work from outside my network.  I have a reserved IP address on my LAN for my shack computer and port forwarding set up in the router.  It works fine only as long as the firewall in McAfee Total Protection is turned off.

I have specified Spot Collector and the designated port as exceptions in McAfee.  Any other suggestions (I know, just use Windows Defender) would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Jim N7US

_._,_._,_