Spotcollector versus Capture&Commander

eddy on5jk

Hallo Dave and all other users of DXLab.

Starting 06/06/2021 i noticed a strange fenomena.

I used to D-click on a spotted Callsign, near the middel of the Callsign. Normally the arrow of the mouse changes into a cursor, blinking most left of the spotted Callsign,second Column. Then Capture is populated with all info, and Commander is following  as it should do. Then the cursor stops blinking, and the black arrow in the most left column moves to the latest spot received.

It happens sometime, that after D-clicking on the spotted Callsign, the blinking cursor is not placed left of the Callsign, but stays in the middel of the Callsign, exactly on the place i D-clicked. Capture and Commander are not following. The black arrow in the left most column then stays near the clicked callsign for a very long time.

Strange, but sometimes after minutes, or after selecting another spotted Callsign, and then D-clicking again on the earlier spot, all things went to normal.

Mostly my SC is fltered by SQL, showing ON-stations, FaunaFlora activations or French Stations, and only SSB.

All tested Callsigns are in the "SSB" segment according to the loaded "Bandmode" file.

What is happening?  Thanks for help.

Eddy ON5JK

[...]

+ Whether or not the Capture window is populated from the information in a double-clicked Spot Database Entry depends on the Entry's Mode, whether or not a digital mode application is "connected", and the settings in the "Actions with Digital Mode Application connected" panel on the Configuration window's General tab, as described in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/spotcollector/Help/ConfigurationGeneral.htm#Phone%20Modes%20Panel

eddy on5jk

Dave i'm sorry, but i feel a little bit leaved behind and/or guilty.

For so many years all Apps of XLab where working fine. That's why i promoted the DXLabsuite to several local OM's.

I did not change any setting. Digital mode application is not used or connected. WW is not started.

When i doubleclick a spot entry, most of the time it works normal, setting DXV, Capture, DXK and Commander the normal way. Once and then, it is not: when i doubleclick on an entry, the blinking cursor(I) remains on the place i clicked, middle of the Callsign. It does not return into an arrow, no other App is following.

When i repeat my action, doubleclicking on the same spot entry, often all Apps do follow as they should.

Sometimes (rare) i have to click for a third time.

Doubleclicking in the first column will always work, but disabels the Autoscrolling.

Is it me? Is it my computer? Is it something else? Remember i am to old for being an ITer.

Can an ErrorLog help me? Of coarse the ErrorLog will show several normal actions, and a missing one sometimes.

If it happens to be my Computer, can somebody help me please? Thanks a lot.

Eddy ON5JK

.9/06/2021 om 11:27 schreef Dave AA6YQ:

+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

+ Perhaps your action with your mouse is not being interpreted as a "double-click". If SpotCollector's Main window is not activated, left-click in its title bar before you attempt to double-click on a Spot Database Entry; does that make the double-click operation reliable?

 + Also, check your mouse configuration options in Windows, and set the "double-click interval" to one that reliably results in a double-click.

eddy on5jk

Bingo!!

I did set set my "doubleclick speed" a little bit lower, and for the time being it seems to cure the failure.

I tested about 40 doubleclicks, all work fine.

However, don't see why it happened, because i did not change settings anywhere.

Is it possible that an update of Win10 changed a setting?

Future will show if i can be happy again.

Thanks Dave!

Eddy ON5JK

Op 15/06/2021 om 19:29 schreef Dave AA6YQ:

+ AA6YQ comments below
[...]

+ I don’t know, Eddy. It's possible that the load on your computer has increased to the point where more "double-click" time is necessary.

+ So that I can see what's going on, please do the following:

0. Configure SpotCollector to be connected to your usual spot sources, if that's not already the case

1. On the Configuration window's General tab, check the "log debugging info" box

2. Terminate SpotCollector

3. Start SpotCollector, and wait until it is fully initialized.

4. Repeat this two-step procedure 10 times:

4a. double-click on a Spot Database Entry

4b. wait 10 seconds

5. On the Configuration window's General tab, uncheck the "log debugging info" box

6. Attach the errorlog.txt file from your SpotCollector folder to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

eddy on5jk

Thanks Dave, i will certainly send you the wanted ErrorLog.

Today i observed that my "cry for victory" was to early. Indeed, it happened again, doubleclick not working as expected.

Eddy ON5JK