Spotcollector use of Filter field in SQL Filters

dpyle

In spotcollecter there is a Filter field in which if you put a callsign in and click the “Call” button it will return all the spots with that call.

Is there a way to access the contents of this Filter field in the SQL filters?

What I am thinking is say SQL Filter 1 would be something like Band = Filter.  Then if you put “30M” in the Filter field and ran the SQL filter you would get all 30m spots, if you put “20M” in the filter fields and ran the SQL filter you would get all the 20m spots. I could see using this in queries that would have band, zone, DXCCPrefix, etc in them.

Just wondering.

David Pyle – KW1DX

dpyle@...

In spotcollecter there is a Filter field in which if you put a callsign in and click the “Call” button it will return all the spots with that call.

+ What's displayed are entries in the Spot Database, not spots. There's a significant difference.

Is there a way to access the contents of this Filter field in the SQL filters?

What I am thinking is say SQL Filter 1 would be something like Band = Filter.  Then if you put “30M” in the Filter field and ran the SQL filter you would get all 30m spots, if you put “20M” in the filter fields and ran the SQL filter you would get all the 20m spots. I could see using this in queries that would have band, zone, DXCCPrefix, etc in them.

Just wondering.

+ If you review "Filtering with SQL expressions" in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/spotcollector/Help/SpotDatabase.htm#Filtering%20with%20SQL%20expressions

+ (or click one of SpotCollector's Help buttons and navigate to the "Filtering with SQL expressions" section of "Using the Spot Database"), you will see that

<FILTERTEXTBOX>

+ in an SQL expression is replaced with the contents of the Filter panel's textbox. Thus the SQL expression

BAND='<FILTERTEXTBOX>m'

+ invoked with 20 in the Filter panel text box will filter the Spot Database Display to contain only entries for stations on 20m.

dpyle

Great thank you that is what I was looking for.

Dave KW1DX

[...]

+ Note that SpotCollector provides a Band Filter window that you can directly control:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/spotcollector/Help/SpotDatabase.htm#Filtering%20by%20Band,%20Mode,%20Continent,%20and%20Origin

+ The Band Filter window is particularly powerful because it can automatically hide entries for low-band stations during daylight, and automatically hide entries for stations operating on higher bands if they haven't been spotted by a station close enough to your QTH.