Topics

Spotcollector Tooltips on wrong display

I run multiple windows on DXLab.  I have two monitors connected to a Thinkpad T550 laptop plus the laptop monitor.  One monitor is connected to the VGA port and the other is connected to the Displayadapter port.  I keep all of the DXLab apps except Spotcollector on my main display (as determined by Windows 10 Display Settings).  When I mouse over Spotcollector on the second display, the Tooltips are displayed on the primary monitor.  It's not a big deal but I wondered if anyone else sees this or if there is a fix.  I have checked all of the apps and they are all configured for Use Multiple Monitors.

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 4:05 PM Bob AF9W <@AF9W> wrote:

I run multiple windows on DXLab. I have two monitors connected to a Thinkpad T550 laptop plus the laptop monitor. One monitor is connected to the VGA port and the other is connected to the Displayadapter port. I keep all of the DXLab apps except Spotcollector on my main display (as determined by Windows 10 Display Settings). When I mouse over Spotcollector on the second display, the Tooltips are displayed on the primary monitor. It's not a big deal but I wondered if anyone else sees this or if there is a fix. I have checked all of the apps and they are all configured for Use Multiple Monitors.
See https://groups.io/g/DXLab/topic/16620910

73,

~iain / N6ML

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 04:05 PM, Bob AF9W wrote:
I run multiple windows on DXLab.  I have two monitors connected to a Thinkpad T550 laptop plus the laptop monitor.  One monitor is connected to the VGA port and the other is connected to the Displayadapter port.  I keep all of the DXLab apps except Spotcollector on my main display (as determined by Windows 10 Display Settings).  When I mouse over Spotcollector on the second display, the Tooltips are displayed on the primary monitor.  It's not a big deal but I wondered if anyone else sees this or if there is a fix.  I have checked all of the apps and they are all configured for Use Multiple Monitors.

+ That's the result of a defect in the commercial control used to implement SpotCollector's "Spot Database Display" and DXKeeper's "Log Page Display". As it's the only defect in this component, I have been reluctant to pursue an upgrade, given the large amount of testing that would be required and the impact this testing would have on other development tasks.

Thanks, I must have missed that topic. The problem doesn't bother me and I understand the issues with fixing it. I love this software.

Bob AF9W