Topics

Spotcollector Tooltips on wrong display

I run multiple windows on DXLab.  I have two monitors connected to a Thinkpad T550 laptop plus the laptop monitor.  One monitor is connected to the VGA port and the other is connected to the Displayadapter port.  I keep all of the DXLab apps except Spotcollector on my main display (as determined by Windows 10 Display Settings).  When I mouse over Spotcollector on the second display, the Tooltips are displayed on the primary monitor.  It's not a big deal but I wondered if anyone else sees this or if there is a fix.  I have checked all of the apps and they are all configured for Use Multiple Monitors.

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 4:05 PM Bob AF9W <@AF9W> wrote:

I run multiple windows on DXLab. I have two monitors connected to a Thinkpad T550 laptop plus the laptop monitor. One monitor is connected to the VGA port and the other is connected to the Displayadapter port. I keep all of the DXLab apps except Spotcollector on my main display (as determined by Windows 10 Display Settings). When I mouse over Spotcollector on the second display, the Tooltips are displayed on the primary monitor. It's not a big deal but I wondered if anyone else sees this or if there is a fix. I have checked all of the apps and they are all configured for Use Multiple Monitors.
See https://groups.io/g/DXLab/topic/16620910

~iain / N6ML

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 04:05 PM, Bob AF9W wrote:
I run multiple windows on DXLab.  I have two monitors connected to a Thinkpad T550 laptop plus the laptop monitor.  One monitor is connected to the VGA port and the other is connected to the Displayadapter port.  I keep all of the DXLab apps except Spotcollector on my main display (as determined by Windows 10 Display Settings).  When I mouse over Spotcollector on the second display, the Tooltips are displayed on the primary monitor.  It's not a big deal but I wondered if anyone else sees this or if there is a fix.  I have checked all of the apps and they are all configured for Use Multiple Monitors.

+ That's the result of a defect in the commercial control used to implement SpotCollector's "Spot Database Display" and DXKeeper's "Log Page Display". As it's the only defect in this component, I have been reluctant to pursue an upgrade, given the large amount of testing that would be required and the impact this testing would have on other development tasks.

Dave, AA6YQ

Thanks, I must have missed that topic. The problem doesn't bother me and I understand the issues with fixing it. I love this software. 

Bob AF9W