Topics

Spotcollector, SQL question

Bill - AA4M

For some reason the following SQL code also returns spots with the Origin = 'EU'.  I've played around with the code for quite a long time now but cannot find the problem.  Can anyone help?

(Band <> '60M' AND (Origin = 'NA-W' OR Origin = 'NA-M')
AND
(Mode = 'CW'
AND
(DXCCPrefix = '4W' OR DXCCPrefix = '7O' OR DXCCPrefix = 'BS7' OR DXCCPrefix = 'E3' OR DXCCPrefix = 'E4' OR DXCCPrefix = 'FK-C' OR DXCCPrefix = 'FO-A' OR DXCCPrefix = 'KH8-S' OR DXCCPrefix = 'P5' OR DXCCPrefix = 'VK0-M' OR DXCCPrefix = 'VP6D' OR DXCCPrefix = 'Z6' OR DXCCPrefix = 'Z8'))
OR
((Mode = 'FT8' OR Mode = 'FT4')
AND
(DXCCPrefix = '1S' OR DXCCPrefix = '3A' OR DXCCPrefix = '3B7' OR DXCCPrefix = '3B9' OR DXCCPrefix = '3C0' OR DXCCPrefix = '3X' OR DXCCPrefix = '3Y-B' OR DXCCPrefix = '5A' OR DXCCPrefix = '7O' OR DXCCPrefix = '7X' OR DXCCPrefix = '8Q' OR DXCCPrefix = '9N' OR DXCCPrefix = '9U' OR DXCCPrefix = 'A5' OR DXCCPrefix = 'BS7' OR DXCCPrefix = 'BV9P' OR DXCCPrefix = 'EK' OR DXCCPrefix = 'EP' OR DXCCPrefix = 'EY' OR DXCCPrefix = 'FJ' OR DXCCPrefix = 'FK-C' OR DXCCPrefix = 'FO-A' OR DXCCPrefix = 'FR-T' OR DXCCPrefix = 'FT8W' OR DXCCPrefix = 'FT8X' OR DXCCPrefix = 'FT8Z' OR DXCCPrefix = 'HK0-M' OR DXCCPrefix = 'KH8-S' OR DXCCPrefix = 'P5' OR DXCCPrefix = 'PY0-S' OR DXCCPrefix = 'PY0-T' OR DXCCPrefix = 'ST' OR DXCCPrefix = 'SV-A' OR DXCCPrefix = 'T33' OR DXCCPrefix = 'TL' OR DXCCPrefix = 'VP6D' OR DXCCPrefix = 'VP8-S' OR DXCCPrefix = 'VU4' OR DXCCPrefix = 'VU7' OR DXCCPrefix = 'YK' OR DXCCPrefix = 'ZL9'))
OR
((Mode = 'LSB' OR Mode = 'SSB' OR Mode = 'USB')
AND
(DXCCPrefix = '4O' OR DXCCPrefix = '4W' OR DXCCPrefix = 'BS7' OR DXCCPrefix = 'E4' OR DXCCPrefix = 'FJ' OR DXCCPrefix = 'FK-C' OR DXCCPrefix = 'FO-A' OR DXCCPrefix = 'KH8-S' OR DXCCPrefix = 'P5' OR DXCCPrefix = 'VP6D' OR DXCCPrefix = 'Z6' OR DXCCPrefix = 'Z8')))

73, Bill - AA4M

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

For some reason the following SQL code also returns spots with the Origin = 'EU'. I've played around with the code for quite a long time now but cannot find the problem. Can anyone help?

AND
(Mode = 'CW'
AND
(DXCCPrefix = '4W' OR DXCCPrefix = '7O' OR DXCCPrefix = 'BS7' OR DXCCPrefix = 'E3' OR DXCCPrefix = 'E4' OR DXCCPrefix = 'FK-C' OR DXCCPrefix = 'FO-A' OR DXCCPrefix = 'KH8-S' OR DXCCPrefix = 'P5' OR DXCCPrefix = 'VK0-M' OR DXCCPrefix = 'VP6D' OR DXCCPrefix = 'Z6' OR DXCCPrefix = 'Z8'))

OR

AND
(DXCCPrefix = '1S' OR DXCCPrefix = '3A' OR DXCCPrefix = '3B7' OR DXCCPrefix = '3B9' OR DXCCPrefix = '3C0' OR DXCCPrefix = '3X' OR DXCCPrefix = '3Y-B' OR DXCCPrefix = '5A' OR DXCCPrefix = '7O' OR DXCCPrefix = '7X' OR DXCCPrefix = '8Q' OR DXCCPrefix = '9N' OR DXCCPrefix = '9U' OR DXCCPrefix = 'A5' OR DXCCPrefix = 'BS7' OR DXCCPrefix = 'BV9P' OR DXCCPrefix = 'EK' OR DXCCPrefix = 'EP' OR DXCCPrefix = 'EY' OR DXCCPrefix = 'FJ' OR DXCCPrefix = 'FK-C' OR DXCCPrefix = 'FO-A' OR DXCCPrefix = 'FR-T' OR DXCCPrefix = 'FT8W' OR DXCCPrefix = 'FT8X' OR DXCCPrefix = 'FT8Z' OR DXCCPrefix = 'HK0-M' OR DXCCPrefix = 'KH8-S' OR DXCCPrefix = 'P5' OR DXCCPrefix = 'PY0-S' OR DXCCPrefix = 'PY0-T' OR DXCCPrefix = 'ST' OR DXCCPrefix = 'SV-A' OR DXCCPrefix = 'T33' OR DXCCPrefix = 'TL' OR DXCCPrefix = 'VP6D' OR DXCCPrefix = 'VP8-S' OR DXCCPrefix = 'VU4' OR DXCCPrefix = 'VU7' OR DXCCPrefix = 'YK' OR DXCCPrefix = 'ZL9'))

OR

AND
(DXCCPrefix = '4O' OR DXCCPrefix = '4W' OR DXCCPrefix = 'BS7' OR DXCCPrefix = 'E4' OR DXCCPrefix = 'FJ' OR DXCCPrefix = 'FK-C' OR DXCCPrefix = 'FO-A' OR DXCCPrefix = 'KH8-S' OR DXCCPrefix = 'P5' OR DXCCPrefix = 'VP6D' OR DXCCPrefix = 'Z6' OR DXCCPrefix = 'Z8')))

+ Your SQL query has 3 "branches": one for some DXCC entities in CW, one for some DXCC entities in FT8 or FT4, and one for some DXCC entities in SSB; I inserted blank lines between the branches above. The first branch is limited to stations spotted from NA-W or NA-M, but the second and third branches specify no limits on spotting station location.

+ Also, the fact that you include and origin filter (Origin = 'NA-W' OR Origin = 'NA-M') for the first branch doesn't exclude stations that were spotted both from Europe and NA-W.

+ Out of curiosity, why are you manually specifying DXCC entities rather than using SpotCollector's Need filter, which it automatically maintains based on your award objectives?

Dave, AA6YQ

Bill - AA4M

OK, I got this working thanks to a tip from AA6YQ, who also suggested I check out the NEED button.  I did this and did not really understand what it was telling me.

The below code would give me a spot for any ATNO which was posted by SpotCollector.  Is there a way I can use the NEED button to post spots which are new band/countries for me?  If so, a link to the necessary instructions in the DXLab Helps would be helpful.  Obviously this would be a massive table of DX prefixes as I still need well over 2,000 band countries !

Thanks, Bill  AA4M

----------------------------

For some reason the following SQL code also returns spots with the Origin = 'EU'.  I've played around with the code for quite a long time now but cannot find the problem.  Can anyone help?

AND
(Mode = 'CW'
AND
OR
AND
OR
AND

73, Bill - AA4M

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

OK, I got this working thanks to a tip from AA6YQ, who also suggested I check out the NEED button. I did this and did not really understand what it was telling me.

The below code would give me a spot for any ATNO which was posted by SpotCollector. Is there a way I can use the NEED button to post spots which are new band/countries for me?

+ Yes: basically, you configure the Awards tab on DXKeeper's Configuration window to indicate what awards you are pursuing and on which bands and modes, and SpotCollector's Need filter will then show you all active stations with whom a confirmed QSO would advance your progress towards those awards. This is referred to as "Realtime Award Tracking" (RAT). When you log a QSO with a "needed" station or receive a QSL card or LoTW confirmation, the RAT mechanism is automatically updated without your having to do anything else.

If so, a link to the necessary instructions in the DXLab Helps would be helpful.

+ Start here:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Progress.htm>

+ or click one of DXKeeper's Help buttons and navigate to the "Checking and Managing Award Progress" section.

+ The RAT mechanism is described and illustrated here:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/CollectingSpots>

+ SpotCollector's Need filter is described here:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/spotcollector/Help/SpotDatabase.htm#Filtering%20by%20Callsign,%20DXCC%20entity,%20Frequency,%20and%20Need>

+ Step-by-step instructions for setting award objectives are here:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/DXingObjectives>

Obviously this would be a massive table of DX prefixes as I still need well over 2,000 band countries !

+ The DXCC Progress table in your log file contains one entry for each DXCC entity and one column for each mode (CW, Phone, Digital, User) and for each band (160m through 2m). The RAT mechanism automatically keeps the contents of this table up-to-date with no effort on your part. That's how SpotCollector is able to instantly recognize a newly-active station with whom a confirmed QSO would advance your progress towards DXCC Challenge.

+ Similar progress tables are maintained for IOTA, Marathon, VUCC, WAS, WAZ, and WPX if you enable realtime award tracking for those awards.

Dave, AA6YQ