SpotCollector SQL Filter for FT8 F/H selection only

Damien F5RRS

Hello all,

I am looking for a way to filter FT8 spots to only show those whose F/H value or derivative is displayed so as not to miss an expedition.
For this, I created a filter but it does not work.
Here is what I did for SQL Filter 1:
(Notes='F/H') or (Notes='f/h') or (Notes='fox') or (Notes='Fox') or (Notes='F+H') or (Notes=' f+h') or (Notes='FH') or (Notes='fh')

Any ideas or suggestions to make it work?

Thanks in advance.
73 - Damien F5RRS

W9MR Mike

Those values are all literal values, so they would only match if the notes field only contained those exact values.

Try changing them to things like (Notes LIKE '*F/H*') OR (Notes LIKE '*Fox*')   etc.

You want to use LIKE and the wildcard character (asterisk) so that it includes any text that may be before or after the text you're looking for.

I don't believe the database is case sensitive, so the first two in your list do the same thing. And the last two would give the same result.

73,
Mike ND9G

On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 1:33 PM Damien F5RRS <f5rrs.damien@...> wrote:
Hello all,

I am looking for a way to filter FT8 spots to only show those whose F/H value or derivative is displayed so as not to miss an expedition.
For this, I created a filter but it does not work.
Here is what I did for SQL Filter 1:
(Notes='F/H') or (Notes='f/h') or (Notes='fox') or (Notes='Fox') or (Notes='F+H') or (Notes=' f+h') or (Notes='FH') or (Notes='fh')

Any ideas or suggestions to make it work?

Thanks in advance.
73 - Damien F5RRS

Joe Subich, W4TV

Any ideas or suggestions to make it work?
Try changing = to like and put * around each term:

(Notes like '*F/H*') or (Notes like '*f/h*') or (Notes like '*fox*')
or (Notes like '*Fox*') or (Notes like '*F+H*') or (Notes like
'*f+h*') or (Notes like '*FH*') or (Notes like '*fh*')

Since the search terms are not case sensitive, it should be possible to
simplify the SQL to:

(Notes like '*F?H*') or (notes like '*fox*') or (notes like '*FH*')

Unfortunately, "notes like '*FH*' catches any spot with an FH grid. I
would eliminate that term unless you feel it is absolutely necessary.

I have several spots with F/H in the notes but none with "Fox" or "FH".

On 2022-01-13 2:32 PM, Damien F5RRS wrote:
Hello all,
I am looking for a way to filter FT8 spots to only show those whose F/H value or derivative is displayed so as not to miss an expedition.
For this, I created a filter but it does not work.
Here is what I did for SQL Filter 1:
(Notes='F/H') or (Notes='f/h') or (Notes='fox') or (Notes='Fox') or (Notes='F+H') or (Notes=' f+h') or (Notes='FH') or (Notes='fh')
Any ideas or suggestions to make it work?
Thanks in advance.
73 - Damien F5RRS

You want to use LIKE and the wildcard character (asterisk) so that it includes any text that may be before or after the text you're looking for.

I don't believe the database is case sensitive, so the first two in your list do the same thing. And the last two would give the same result.

+ The SQL LIKE operator is not case-sensitive.