Topics

SpotCollector Special Callsigns Config ?

Mike Rhodes

  Ok, I'm sure I'm overlooking an important piece of information but the config instructions for the above leave me confused.
  Maybe I am trying to perform an 'unnatural act' but, in my pursuit of the 13 Colonies stations, I would like to trigger a color alert for K2B digital (ft4/8), K2E and K2F on SSB, WM3PEN on CW, and GB13COL on CW and SSB. I have my PC audio routed to headphones so an audio alert is not useful.
  Is that possible or am I even further out in left field than usual or is there another way to accomplish something like that?

Thanks,
Mike / W8DN

Mike Rhodes

Ok, I found the SpotCollector SQL info from a few days ago - and then immediately lost it - but did manage to copy the #32 macro. Will play with that and see if any of the mud becomes at least a bit clearer.

Thanks,
Mike / W8DN

On 7/3/2020 7:16 PM, Mike Rhodes via groups.io wrote:
  Ok, I'm sure I'm overlooking an important piece of information but the config instructions for the above leave me confused.
  Maybe I am trying to perform an 'unnatural act' but, in my pursuit of the 13 Colonies stations, I would like to trigger a color alert for K2B digital (ft4/8), K2E and K2F on SSB, WM3PEN on CW, and GB13COL on CW and SSB. I have my PC audio routed to headphones so an audio alert is not useful.
  Is that possible or am I even further out in left field than usual or is there another way to accomplish something like that?

Thanks,
Mike / W8DN

Mike Rhodes

Sorry for the continuing posts but I 'think' I'm making progress!

I have the SQL filter working and see that I will need to tailor a filter for each mode and the associated callsigns. This makes it easy to see through all the 'hash'.

So, for my next question, is there a way to do something similar only 'dynamic'?

Thanks again,
Mike / W8DN

On 7/3/2020 7:31 PM, Mike Rhodes via groups.io wrote:
[...]

...me again.

AND IT WORKS !!!

After slaying numerous typos and errors, I got it to do what I 'think' I want it to do. Many thanks to the author of the SQL I hacked and abused into doing what I wanted and to all others who have put up with my non-stop posts over the last several minutes.

My sorely abused SQL macro now looks like this:
(Callsign in ('GB13COL','WM3PEN') and (Mode='cw')) or (Callsign in ('K2B') and (Mode='cw')) or (Callsign in ('GB13COL','K2E','K2F') and (Mode = 'ssb'))

Thanks once again,
Mike / W8DN

On 7/3/2020 7:43 PM, Mike Rhodes via groups.io wrote:
[...]

iain macdonnell - N6ML

I think you probably want:

.... or (Callsign in ('K2B') and Mode like 'ft*') ....

(based on your original question).

73,

~iain / N6ML

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 5:04 PM Mike Rhodes <weightdn@...> wrote:

[...]

+ What do you mean by 'dynamic' ?

Mike Rhodes

Dave,
  That was my mistake. I was looking for a way to get the spots to update and did not realize the autoscroll was off.

Thanks,
Mike

+ AA6YQ comments below