Topics

SpotCollector Source ONLY WSJT-x ?

Hasan Schiers N0AN

There is a simple SQL as I recall that can be used to have SpotCollector only populated by WSJT-x decodes in my instance of it.

What I want is:  there are many times where all I want is the alarm of SC to tell me something needed has been decoded by copy of WSJT-X . I do not want a bunch of spots being announced from all over the midwest or USA.

I can't recall the expression or where it goes. Something like <NETWORK=WSJTX> or some such, but I just can't bring it back.

73, N0AN
Hasan

Hasan Schiers N0AN

I forgot to mention, I could simply turn off the Spot Source to N6WS, but that would then not let me post spots of things I decode when I see something interesting at my own station that others might find useful.
Hasan

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 4:59 PM Hasan Schiers N0AN via groups.io <hbasri.schiers6=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
There is a simple SQL as I recall that can be used to have SpotCollector only populated by WSJT-x decodes in my instance of it.

What I want is:  there are many times where all I want is the alarm of SC to tell me something needed has been decoded by copy of WSJT-X . I do not want a bunch of spots being announced from all over the midwest or USA.

I can't recall the expression or where it goes. Something like <NETWORK=WSJTX> or some such, but I just can't bring it back.

73, N0AN
Hasan

There is a simple SQL as I recall that can be used to have SpotCollector only populated by WSJT-x decodes in my instance of it.

+ An SQL expression filters the Spot Database Display to show a subset of entries in the Spot Database; it does not control the population of the Spot Database.

What I want is: there are many times where all I want is the alarm of SC to tell me something needed has been decoded by copy of WSJT-X . I do not want a bunch of spots being announced from all over the midwest or USA.

I can't recall the expression or where it goes. Something like <NETWORK=WSJTX> or some such, but I just can't bring it back.

+ I suggest using the expression

ODX=0

+ It means "distance to the closest spotting station is 0". The results will include stations that you spotted, as well as stations that your instance(s) of WSJT-X decoded.

Hasan Schiers N0AN

Thanks Dave,  will try out tomorrow

Hasan

+ AA6YQ comments below