Topics

Spotcollector # of Spots

Jon KM8V

Dave,

Is there a way to display the # of times spotted that match filters in the SC display?

I know SC manages the database and only shows it once, updates LastTime, etc, but it'd be interesting to be able to see or sort on # of spots received.

Thanks & 73 de KM8V

Is there a way to display the # of times spotted that match filters in the SC display?
+ Right click a Spot Database Entry and select "Show spots of ..." from the popup menu.

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 10:13 AM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@ambersoft.com> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

Is there a way to display the # of times spotted that match filters in the SC display?

+ Right click a Spot Database Entry and select "Show spots of ..." from the popup menu.
I think we recommend disabling "Ignore empty spot notes" for such use-cases?

I can see potential value for a "count" column - e.g. perhaps I might
want to create a filter that only includes entries that have been
spotted at least N times.

73,

~iain / N6ML

Jon KM8V

On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 01:40 PM, iain macdonnell - N6ML wrote:
I can see potential value for a "count" column - e.g. perhaps I might
want to create a filter that only includes entries that have been
spotted at least N times.
Yes, exactly!

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comment below

+ AA6YQ comments below

Is there a way to display the # of times spotted that match filters in the SC display?

+ Right click a Spot Database Entry and select "Show spots of ..." from the popup menu.
I think we recommend disabling "Ignore empty spot notes" for such use-cases?

+ Correct.

I can see potential value for a "count" column - e.g. perhaps I might want to create a filter that only includes entries that have been spotted at least N times.

+ I sent you a new version of SpotCollector that maintains a SPOTCOUNT field for each entry in the Spot Database; please let me know how it goes.

Jon KM8V

Dave,

The SpotCount field is working very well. I can now filter the email alarm for DX to those with at least 2 spots, which helps a lot when I'm connected to the FT8 RBN, which gets a lot of bogus decode spots.

Thank you!

73 de KM8V Jon