Spotcollector not working

Marv Stasak

Spotcollector froze on me 2 days ago with no new spots coming in.  I made sure I was upgraded to the latest version, 8.8.8, and checked some back messages on this issue. It seemed the resolution was to remove spot.mdb from the spotcollector/database.  I did that but all I succeeded in doing was removing the spots already there; Spotcollector is still not populating. Suggestions?

73,
Marv, W5DT

Spotcollector froze on me 2 days ago with no new spots coming in.  I made sure I was upgraded to the latest version, 8.8.8, and checked some back messages on this issue. It seemed the resolution was to remove spot.mdb from the spotcollector/database.  I did that but all I succeeded in doing was removing the spots already there; Spotcollector is still not populating. Suggestions?

+ Is there an errorlog.txt file in your SpotCollector folder? If so, please attach it to an email message, and send it to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

+ Otherwise, please review this article:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/EmptyDatabase

Marv Stasak

Dave,

Problem proved to be the computer clock off by a considerable amount.  Now I have to find out why that is happening and why Dimension 4's clock isn't the clock my computer is using instead of  The Windows clock.  However, why the Windows clock should be off by literally days I do not understand.
73,

Marv, W5DT

neil_zampella

Marv,

Dim4 has an issue if you have the program setup to 'rotate' through time servers.  If it gets to a server that is no longer available, it stops dead and does not try to find the next one in the list.

The fix I used was to delve into the Advanced settings and find a time server as close as possible to my location, then set the program to only use that server.   You need to make sure that the server allows 'anonymous' access.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 6/21/2021 2:34 PM, Marv Stasak wrote:
Dave,

Problem proved to be the computer clock off by a considerable amount.  Now I have to find out why that is happening and why Dimension 4's clock isn't the clock my computer is using instead of  The Windows clock.  However, why the Windows clock should be off by literally days I do not understand.
73,

Marv, W5DT

Marv Stasak

Thanks Neil, I'll try that.