Spotcollector Message

Rien Aarden

After a 10 minutes when I start Spotcollector I get this message.
What  is wrong ? someone any idea?

Tnx Rien, PA7RA

Rien Aarden

Sorry This is the Message that I get after 10 minutes after started Spotcolletor.

The Spot Database cannot be accessed for compaction:
Permissin denied.

Anyone a idea what i doing wrong?

Tnx Rien, PA7RA

Sorry This is the Message that I get after 10 minutes after started Spotcolletor.

The Spot Database cannot be accessed for compaction:
Permissin denied.

Anyone a idea what i doing wrong?

+ Windows is preventing SpotCollector from compacting the Spot Database, probably because Windows erroneously considers one of the files involved to be still "in use". As a first step, try rebooting Windows.

Rien Aarden

On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 11:39 AM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
Windows is preventing SpotCollector from compacting the Spot Database, probably because Windows erroneously considers one of the files involved to be still "in use". As a first step, try rebooting Windows.
Good morning Dave,

Unfortunately I keep getting this message back (The Spot Datase cannot be accessed for compactions: permissoin denied)
What is very annoying what else can I do?
Thanks and a Happy Easter to you and your family.

73, Rien, PA7RA

Dave AA6YQ

@ more AA6YQ comments

On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 11:39 AM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
Windows is preventing SpotCollector from compacting the Spot Database, probably because Windows erroneously considers one of the files involved to be still "in use". As a first step, try rebooting Windows.
Good morning Dave,

Unfortunately I keep getting this message back (The Spot Datase cannot be accessed for compactions: permissoin denied)
What is very annoying what else can I do?
@ When did this behavior first appear? What changes do your hardware or software did you make around that ime?

Rien Aarden

On Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 12:26 AM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
@ When did this behavior first appear? What changes do your hardware or software did you make around that ime?
Hi Dave,
I think I found it
I have installed SpotSpy and if I don't run it, it isn't
At least I tested this this afternoon and without Spotspy I don't get the message.
But I do hope there is a solution for it.
thanks Greetings Rien, PA7RA

Dave AA6YQ

@ more AA6YQ comments below
I think I found it
I have installed SpotSpy and if I don't run it, it isn't
At least I tested this this afternoon and without Spotspy I don't get the message.
But I do hope there is a solution for it

@ I suggest that you report this behavior to the developer of SpotSpy, Volker DL9HO.

Rien Aarden

Hello Dave,

And other DXLabusers and SpotSpy  I have sent Volker 2 weeks ago a mail with this Error but no response on the mail.

So Have anyone contact with Volker??

Hope to hear soon from someone!
73 Rien, PA7RA