Spotcollector Layout and Connect

John Huffman

This morning Spotcollecter came up with a layout of just two rows or boxes with just two in each row.  It connects to my spot source but the blue 'Autoscroll' label with the line through it just keeps flashing.

I tried -
Restarting Spotcollector several times with or without other DXLab apps running.
Trying a prior version of Spotcollector.
Rebooting the computer.

Nothing worked.

73,
K1ESE John

Dave AA6YQ

Is there an errrorlog.txt file in your SpotCollector folder?

If so, please attach it to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq@...

John Huffman

Dave -

While looking for the ERRORLOG.TXT file I got sidetracked and compared my files in the Spotcollector Databases folder to a recent backup.  The backup had several more files so I overwrote the files in the Databases folder with the 'known good' files from the backup.  I restarted Spotcollector and everything works.

The most notable omission from the folder was SPOTS.LDB and I assume that is where the layout resided.

73, John K1ESE

On Sat, Aug 6, 2022 at 10:54 AM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
Is there an errrorlog.txt file in your SpotCollector folder?

If so, please attach it to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq@...

While looking for the ERRORLOG.TXT file I got sidetracked and compared my files in the Spotcollector Databases folder to a recent backup. The backup had several more files so I overwrote the files in the Databases folder with the 'known good' files from the backup. I restarted Spotcollector and everything works.

+ Sounds like your spot database (spots.mdb) was corrupted, but I'd need to see your errorlog.txt file to be sure. This can be caused by SpotCollector not completing its shutdown procedure, or by a hardware failure; you might check the Windows event logs for signs of the latter.

The most notable omission from the folder was SPOTS.LDB and I assume that is where the layout resided.

+ Spots.ldb is used by the Microsoft Jet database engine to indicate the level of locking against access by other applications.