SpotCollector is "stalled"

John K3TN

Bring up the programs, Spotcollector comes up, displays old spots. The cluster feeds connect and get green lights, I can look at the clusters and they are sending spots - but nothing shows up on Spotcollector main display.

I can see the Q number incrementing on the upper left of SC windows, and it goes back down to 0 but no new spots are shown. Scroll lock not showing.

On latest version of all DXLab components, restarted software, rebooted PC,  no joy.

Any hints?

Thanks and 73 John K3TN

Joe Subich, W4TV

Check your computer's time and time zone.

Your Time Zone should be "(UTS-5:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)"
and "Adjust for daylight saving time automatically" should be ON.
Time should be accurate within a minute for SpotCollector.

"Set time automatically" should be enabled.

If you are using a time set utility (for the JT modes), that should
keep your time accurate to a fraction of a second automatically.

On 2022-05-22 10:28 AM, John K3TN via groups.io wrote:
Bring up the programs, Spotcollector comes up, displays old spots. The cluster feeds connect and get green lights, I can look at the clusters and they are sending spots - but nothing shows up on Spotcollector main display.
I can see the Q number incrementing on the upper left of SC windows, and it goes back down to 0 but no new spots are shown. Scroll lock not showing.
On latest version of all DXLab components, restarted software, rebooted PC,  no joy.
Any hints?
Thanks and 73 John K3TN

John K3TN

Time appears to be accurate - I'm running the Meinberg utility. All time settings on the PC are correct.

But, the latest spot SpotCollector will show is from May 18th.

Buck

Prune the SC cache.  I have mine set to dele after 3 days.

On Sun, May 22, 2022, 10:28 AM John K3TN via groups.io <jpescatore=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Bring up the programs, Spotcollector comes up, displays old spots. The cluster feeds connect and get green lights, I can look at the clusters and they are sending spots - but nothing shows up on Spotcollector main display.

I can see the Q number incrementing on the upper left of SC windows, and it goes back down to 0 but no new spots are shown. Scroll lock not showing.

On latest version of all DXLab components, restarted software, rebooted PC,  no joy.

Any hints?

Thanks and 73 John K3TN

Time appears to be accurate - I'm running the Meinberg utility. All time settings on the PC are correct.

+ See

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/EmptyDatabase

John K3TN

1, SC is connected to 2 spotting sources, green lights, etc.
2,3,4 - none of those filters are enabled, CTRL-X changes nothing.
5. Maximum age of incoming spots is set to 60.
6. No special callsigns are entered in that window, spots are mix of skimmer and human.
7. PC clock is correct, SpotCollector window shows correct UTC time.
8. Since SpotCollector sources are connected to and showing spots when I look at source, Internet to SC is working.
9.Same answer as for 8.
10. Bands are very lively, I'm listening to CN8SG boom in on 15 at 0040Z

Maybe remove, reinstall SC? Anything else to try?

1, SC is connected to 2 spotting sources, green lights, etc.
2,3,4 - none of those filters are enabled, CTRL-X changes nothing.
5. Maximum age of incoming spots is set to 60.
6. No special callsigns are entered in that window, spots are mix of skimmer and human.
7. PC clock is correct, SpotCollector window shows correct UTC time.
8. Since SpotCollector sources are connected to and showing spots when I look at source, Internet to SC is working.
9.Same answer as for 8.
10. Bands are very lively, I'm listening to CN8SG boom in on 15 at 0040Z

Maybe remove, reinstall SC?

+ Please don't do that! In the absences of error messages like "library X is missing", uninstall-reinstall is more likely to cause new problems than correct the current problem.

+ Please do the following:

1. on the Configuration window's General tab, check the "Log debugging info" box

2. terminate SpotCollector

3. start SpotCollector

4. wait 10 minutes

5. generate a local spot of AA6YQ

6. on the Configuration window's General tab, uncheck the "Log debugging info" box

7. attach the errorlog.txt file from your SpotCollector folder to an email message, and send the email message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com