Topics

SpotCollector - Filtering spots by country

Ignacio Martinez

I have created my filters in the SC. For the origin of the spots, I am using: (Origin = 'EU'). I would like to be able to filter the origin of the spots by country.

Can somebody help me ?  I can't find how to do it.

There is a long distance between North-Eastern Europe and South-Western Europe. The spots on the other side of Europe are not valid on this side of Europe and the opposite is the same.

Tks in advance

73's Ignacio, EA4OR.

Joe Subich, W4TV

There is a long distance between North-Eastern Europe and South-Western Europe. The spots on the other side of Europe are not valid on this side of Europe and the opposite is the same.
Use the "Band" filter and set a "Max origin DX" for each band.

On 2021-01-06 11:48 AM, Ignacio Martinez wrote:
I have created my filters in the SC. For the origin of the spots, I am using: (Origin = 'EU'). I would like to be able to filter the origin of the spots by country.
Can somebody help me ?  I can't find how to do it.
There is a long distance between North-Eastern Europe and South-Western Europe. The spots on the other side of Europe are not valid on this side of Europe and the opposite is the same.
Tks in advance
73's Ignacio, EA4OR.

I have created my filters in the SC. For the origin of the spots, I am using: (Origin = 'EU'). I would like to be able to filter the origin of the spots by country.

+ Origin records the source of the most recent spot of the Entry's callsign. Many Entries are populated with stations spotted from multiple locations. Thus to identify all Spot Database Entries spotted by a station in Europe, you would use the SQL filter

EU='Y'

+ The fields EU, NAE, NAM, NAW, SA, AS, and AF can all be used for this purpose. These fields are all documented here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/spotcollector/Help/SpotDatabase.htm#Spot%20Database%20Field%20Table

Can somebody help me ? I can't find how to do it.

There is a long distance between North-Eastern Europe and South-Western Europe. The spots on the other side of Europe are not valid on this side of Europe and the opposite is the same.

+ SpotCollector does not provide a field that contains a list of all of the countries from which a Spot Database Entry's callsign has been spotted.

+ However, SpotCollector's Band Filter enables you to hide Spot Database Entries whose station has not been spotted by a station within a specified distance of your QTH, on a band-by-band basis; see

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/spotcollector/Help/SpotDatabase.htm#Band Filter