spotcollector error after windows 10 home update

Pat

my spotcollector program is not working after an Windows update.
looks like my spot database display frames are missed up or missing.
I got an error in the cluster that I use to check the error log. the auto scroll flashes all the time.
This was the error  text
program error 3159 in module SpotDatabaseModule.OpenSpotdatabase: Not a valid bookmark.
I am guessing windows moved the spotdatabase?
I uninstalled spotcollector and installed and same error and same looking with the same errorlog.txt
Ideas?
tnx
Murf
n7uvh

my spotcollector program is not working after an Windows update.
looks like my spot database display frames are missed up or missing.
I got an error in the cluster that I use to check the error log. the auto scroll flashes all the time.
This was the error  text
program error 3159 in module SpotDatabaseModule.OpenSpotdatabase: Not a valid bookmark.
I am guessing windows moved the spotdatabase?
I uninstalled spotcollector and installed and same error and same looking with the same errorlog.txt
Ideas?

1. Never, ever attempt to solve a problem with a DXLab application by directing Windows to uninstall it. Doing so will rarely solve the problem, but may create a far worse problem.

2. When a DXLab application's Main window's title bar informs you that an errorlog.txt file is present and you haven't checkrf that application's "Log debugging info" box, please attach the errorlog.txt file to an email message, and send the email message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

No "pre-clearance" from me is required.

Earl Needham

At your announcement, I send you mine.  Everything seems to be running OK, other than last night I worked W2NR who is portable in Colorado and somebody spotted him in NH.  After I worked him, I noticed that Spot Collector kept the text red, indicating I still needed to work him on teh same band and mode I had just logged.  Which might be a red herring, I don't know.

Thanks,
Earl
KD5XB

On Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 12:23 AM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below
[...]

Oops...

On Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 7:37 AM Earl Needham via groups.io <earl.kd5xb=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

+ Please right-click the Spot Database Entry for W2NR and select "Display Award Tracking for W2NR" from the pop-up menu. What is shown as the reason(s) that W2NR is considered "needed".

Earl Needham

I had never looked at that before, really didn't realize it was there.

All the entries save one are in black text and say either "verified, sought", "worked, sought", confirmed, sought" or "not worked, not sought".

The one that is in red is under WAS state, NH, and next to Mixed status it says "not worked, sought".

I guess this all goes back to the fact that he is portable in Colorado and yet somebody spotted him in NH?

Tnx,
Earl, KD5XB

On Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 10:13 AM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below
At your announcement, I send you mine.  Everything seems to be running OK, other than last night I worked W2NR who is portable in Colorado and somebody spotted him in NH.  After I worked him, I noticed that Spot Collector kept the text red, indicating I still needed to work him on teh same band and mode I had just logged.  Which might be a red herring, I don't know
+ Please right-click the Spot Database Entry for W2NR and select "Display Award Tracking for W2NR" from the pop-up menu. What is shown as the reason(s) that W2NR is considered "needed".

I had never looked at that before

+ It's documented here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/spotcollector/Help/SpotDatabase.htm#display%20an%20Award%20Tracking%20window

really didn't realize it was there

+ That's why I recommend that users scan the reference documentation for each DXLab application they are using. This is especially appropriate for SpotCollector, which provides a lot of unique functionality that is useful for DXers.

All the entries save one are in black text and say either "verified, sought", "worked, sought", confirmed, sought" or "not worked, not sought".

The one that is in red is under WAS state, NH, and next to Mixed status it says "not worked, sought".

I guess this all goes back to the fact that he is portable in Colorado and yet somebody spotted him in NH?

+ The Spot of W2NR today at 0157Z on 40m CW species NH in its spot notes, but SpotCollector ignored this; too many US state abbreviations could appear in spot notes for other reasons (e.g. ma, me, or, pa, tx, );

+ DXLab's USAP database shows that W2NR is in New Hampshire. If you have the USAP database installed, then SpotCollector would have set the W2NR Spot Database Entry's Primary field to NH. Since you have DXLab configured to pursue Mixed WAS but don't have New Hampshire confirmed, the Spot Database Entry would have been colored "needed".

+ If W2NR is now operating portable from Colorado and you logged the QSO you made today as having a primary subdivision of Colorado, then your WAS award progress for New Hampshire did not change as a result of the QSO, and the Spot Database Entry for W2NR correctly did not change color.

Earl Needham

Good enough!

Tnx,
Earl, KD5XB