SpotCollector display problem

hb9icc

Hi Dave,
Hi All,

In the past I had a filter configured that displayed the missing DXCC / Challenge and IOTA which filtered out DX ads.
This button disappeared during a last update and it was replaced by the "Need" button.
This "Need" button displays the missing DXCC / Challenge and IOTA but NOT the "Special Callsigns" which are entered in the Config menu.

How to make these "Special Callsigns" also appear?

Why has my button disappeared? I cannot reconfigure it.

Thank you

Vy 73's.
Seb, HB9ICC

In the past I had a filter configured that displayed the missing DXCC / Challenge and IOTA which filtered out DX ads.

+ There are no "DX ads".

This button disappeared during a last update and it was replaced by the "Need" button.

+ The "Need" button has always been present; it is not user-replaceable, though one can create one's own filter that does exactly what it does, or a subset of what it does, or a superset of what it does. Buttons that’s invoke user-defined SQL filters appear in the row of 8 buttons below the Need button.

This "Need" button displays the missing DXCC / Challenge and IOTA but NOT the "Special Callsigns" which are entered in the Config menu.

How to make these "Special Callsigns" also appear?

+ Configure a user-defined filter like this:

<NEEDFILTER> or (LEN(TAGS)>0)

Why has my button disappeared?

+ Evidently, your computer suffered a loss of information in the Windows Registry.

I cannot reconfigure it.

+ Have you tried restoring SpotCollector's settings from the Workspace you created when everything was working correctly?

Note that there are 4 banks of user-defined filter buttons, selected by the array of 4 "radio buttons" surrounding the letter S in the Filter panel. Might you have inadvertently selected a bank that does not include the user-defined filter you previously defined?

[...]

https://www.avg.com

hb9icc

Hi Dave,
Thank you !
With your explanations I discovered an existing "SQLFilters.txt" file which contained my filter (and others) and I was able to copy the formula and save again.
It's strange that the file existed but the buttons and filters had disappeared.
My buttons were way below the buttons which are not configurable.

This is contain of the "SQLFilters.txt" file:

SEB
(Tags<>'' or <NEEDFILTER>) and <AGEFILTER> and <BANDFILTER> and <MODEFILTER> and <CONTFILTER> and <ORIGINFILTER> and Hidden<>'Y'
Call
Callsign='*iaru'
Tags
len(tags)>0
SQL 4

SQL 5

SQL 6

etc...

Dave, many thanks !
Vy 73's. Seb HB9ICC

With your explanations I discovered an existing "SQLFilters.txt" file which contained my filter (and others) and I was able to copy the formula and save again.
It's strange that the file existed but the buttons and filters had disappeared.

+ SQL filters are stored in the Windows Registry; you can optionally save them to a file and restore them from a file. It sounds like your Windows Registry suffered damage; I suggest reviewing the Window Event logs for signs of hardware or software failures.