Topics

SpotCollector Display of Entities that would further my progress toward DXCC

Jim McPhee

I only want SpotCollector to highlight DX Entities with which I have no QSO recorded in DXKeeper. I don't wish to see those that I already have a QSO recorded with, even though it was not on the particular band that the spot shows the station/entity on.

I think I must have something mis-configured in the "DXKeeper Awards/DXCC Bands and Modes" pane. It used to work "correctly" for me; I suspect I changed something that I have not been able to identify so I can change it back.

Jim McPhee
Placitas, NM
W5ABA

I only want SpotCollector to highlight DX Entities with which I have no QSO recorded in DXKeeper. I don't wish to see those that I already have a QSO recorded with, even though it was not on the particular band that the spot shows the station/entity on.

+ That means setting your DXCC objects to "Mixed DXCC" -- meaning "work and confirm each DXCC entity exactly once on any band in any mode". See

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/DXCCAwardObjectives>

Jim McPhee

Thanks, Dave!

That seems to have fixed it with one exception, which seems odd. In the last hour there are multiple spots for the Canary Islands, for which I have one Confirmed/QSL on 20 meters, and one worked/not confirmed QSO on 40 meters. Most of the spots show in black (not needed) font, several show in red (needed) font, even though the bands of the red spots, 10 and 15 meters, show black in other places. Some are only minutes apart on the same band, one red the other black.
--
Jim McPhee
Placitas, NM

Thanks, Dave!

That seems to have fixed it with one exception, which seems odd. In the last hour there are multiple spots for the Canary Islands, for which I have one Confirmed/QSL on 20 meters, and one worked/not confirmed QSO on 40 meters. Most of the spots show in black (not needed) font, several show in red (needed) font, even though the bands of the red spots, 10 and 15 meters, show black in other places. Some are only minutes apart on the same band, one red the other black.

+ After changing your award objectives, you must

1. click the Recompute button at the bottom of the "Check Progress" tab of DXKeeper's Main window

+ and when that's complete:

2. click the Recompute button in the Recomputation panel on the "Spot Database" tab of SpotCollector's Configuration window.

Jim McPhee

Dave, thanks again! That did it.

I always appreciate this fantastic software suite, and your "above and beyond" support!

Jim McPhee
Placitas, NM
W5ABA