Spotcollector blank SPProb when using WSTJT-X

John Miller K8UMF

Hello again,
In SpotCollector, SPProb and related boxes are empty even though PropView is running and changes when different callsigns are clicked. Sorry if I missed a checkbox.

Many thanks for the great support.

John K8UMF

In SpotCollector, SPProb and related boxes are empty even though PropView is running and changes when different callsigns are clicked. Sorry if I missed a checkbox.

+ Please review the step-by-step instructions in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/SpotDatabasePropagationPrediction

+ If they don't get you going, let me know.

John Miller K8UMF

Hi Dave,

The problem is that there are often statistical values for spots from  DXClusters but not for local WSJT-X spots. Perhaps this is not possible? Sorry if I missed something in the documentation.

Many thanks for your help!

John K8UMF

The problem is that there are often statistical values for spots from  DXClusters but not for local WSJT-X spots.

+ What is the source of the local WSJT-X spots?

+ Are the missing propagation forecasts occuring on specific bands?

+ Is there an errorlog.txt file in your SpotCollector folder?

John Miller K8UMF

On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 04:15 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:

+ What is the source of the local WSJT-X spots? My machine running WSJT-X (K8UMF source)

+ Are the missing propagation forecasts occuring on specific bands? No

+ Is there an errorlog.txt file in your SpotCollector folder? Yes, missing magic numbers messages showed up many times and the were just a few callsigns with predictions. The strange thing is that currently, there are no error messages but many of the stations do have predictions, perhaps 75% or so. Conditions appear to be considerably poorer today. Perhaps there is a speed problem for the dalculations. Output for SPSNR sometimes shows but fewer SPProb results.

Thanks for your help and patience!

John K8UMF

Dave AA6YQ

# more AA6YQ comments below
On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 04:15 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:

+ What is the source of the local WSJT-X spots? My machine running WSJT-X (K8UMF source)

+ Are the missing propagation forecasts occuring on specific bands? No

+ Is there an errorlog.txt file in your SpotCollector folder? Yes, missing magic numbers messages showed up many times and the were just a few callsigns with predictions. The strange thing is that currently, there are no error messages but many of the stations do have predictions, perhaps 75% or so. Conditions appear to be considerably poorer today. Perhaps there is a speed problem for the dalculations. Output for SPSNR sometimes shows but fewer SPProb results.

Thanks for your help and patience!

+ Please place the following two files into a zip archive, attach the zip archive to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

+ the files:

1. from your Spotcollector folder: errorlog.txt

2. from Spotcollector's Databases folder: Spots.mdb